• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How did you do it?

Mogavero

Bearded Dragon Egg
How did you pick your dragon? I am having the hardest time picking. I was sent a few pictures from a breeder of different babies dragons and they're all so beautiful. So, how did you pick?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Babies are lots of work. I adopted both of mine - one at 1 year old the other as 4 year old - off craigslist. Nothing fancy - just pound puppies

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
When u pik there a few things that u shud look for wen gettin a beardie. That they r alert and can see. Make sure they have all toes n fingers. Also ask to see them eatin aswel b4 u pik so u can c how they eat. Also have a hold c how friendly they r. ;)

Mogavero

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am buying from a breeder, holding it is not an option. I have to go off pictures.. :)

Smos519

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would see if the breeder is known as a reputable breeder maybe ask local pet stores, look at reviews. Then see pictures of the parents if you want to see potential size and temperament..

Mogavero

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would see if the breeder is known as a reputable breeder maybe ask local pet stores, look at reviews. Then see pictures of the parents if you want to see potential size and temperament..

Hey there,
I am very sure this person is a wonderful breeder. I am not sure what the rules are about talking about breeders but he is a well known breeder . Both parents are on his website and they look stunning. :D I am very excited to get one of his babies. He has beautiful leatherbacks. :)

Smos519

Bearded Dragon Egg
Awesome leatherbacks are stunning with the bright vivid colors. I just love the big spikes with normal BDs but I hope you receive an amazing reptile and it sounds like you will!! Good Luck!

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Baby beardies need lots of care to survive there first few weeks. I no lots of ppl buy animals without seein them but I wudnt myself just because u dnt no if there are any problems. Like I sed lokkin for an alert beardie is one of the main things to look for and also how the eat and thesee r2 things u just have to take tye breeders word for. Most breeders do it for a hobby and coz they love beardies but u do get some that start out thats way n they dnt understand b4 hand that the numbers can up very quickly and it is very expensive n time consuming so some ppl breead them and dnt give them the proper care or husbndry and they usually die quite young. Sorry I sound a rite spoil sport. All im tryin to say is make sure u research ur local breeder maybe ask him/her to skyp or web link u so u can see properly b4 u buy. Just coz I luv my Diego and id b deverstated if ewt happened to him n ive read a few things where ppl had bearsies from individual breeders and they have die real quick or uad problems. Missin toes nipped tail and all sorts of different health problems. Sorry to sound so pesamistic but some things I read since ive had my beardie have really turned my stomach they r such a lovely creature with such great individual personalities how any 1 cud ill treat qny animal I dnt no. So yeh like I sed maybe try askin the breeder can u skyp or web cam them so u can c things like alertness feeding temprament steady breathing. All things u cnt c in a pic x hope I not annoyed or offended u by sayin this :)

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I no the nipped toes n tail is not a health problem but its not ment to happen.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh I no it happens and can b a complete mistake n I wasnt meanin ewt bad by it. Most of the time ( not all I no ) it happens when too many babies are put in a viv too small or and they not fed enough. I no it can happen by complete accident all I was sayin is wen u get a new pet u want to no these things I mean I no lots ov beardie have missing toe n im sure Diegos tail has bin nipped wen he was a baby but all im sayin is these are thing you would want to know about when buying a beardie I mean it doent mean the beardie not healthy but it is something the seller shyd let the buyer no if this is the case. Sorry if I offened you :(

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If you can't personally see them I would ask the breeder for a video of the dragons. I think most of us pick our BD by the way it moves around the tank and interacts with you and the other BD's. You want one that looks healthy with bright eyes, and hunting prey not the one that is sitting in the back of the tank with it's head down. I think a good breeder would have no problem providing you with a video. A video will also show you what conditions they are being kept in.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
U pick my beardies not based on looks health etc. I personally will take the one that's left alone..... The loner, black sheep one so to speak. Every animal deserves a chance to thrive and survive.

Hence me now having 4 ffs......... Lol.

Pick one that you have a connection with. One that catches your eye. Or if your like me pick the one that looks like it needs a chance to thrive.......

Latest posts