• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Housing 2 Dragons M/F together?

Lynchman18

Bearded Dragon Egg
Years ago I breed bearded dragons and my male was in with my females almost all the time. None of them had issues with each other. I know bearded dragons can be territorial and males in with males fight. I've seen a lot of people housing 2 together. Just wanted some thoughts and opinions

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
In time a male housed with a female he will mate with her and he will continue to mate with her until she is dangerously exhausted. :(

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah - not a good idea. we do hear of beardies being housed together, but successfully housing 2 together is the exception rather than the rule.

Lynchman18

Bearded Dragon Egg
yea I guess I got lucky in my past I successfully housed 2 females with 1 male in one tank and 2 females and 1 male in another.. The males were only with the females for short periods when I was mating them on and off. but the females lived together in harmony for the most part all the time.

Latest posts