• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DragonM0M

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! My husband and I are new owners of a sweet juvenile dragon, Pesto. We are starting our own colony of Discoid roaches (we're in Florida so Dubias are not an option for us) and Hornworms.

Any advice for the Hornworms? Discoids seem pretty simple, so I just want to make sure we're not missing anything for our Hornworms. We purchased some worms already and fed some off, kept the smaller ones so they can become moths and one who has now formed a chrysalis 3 days ago. The worm in the chrysalis is in a large storage bin with the center of the top cut off and replaced with screen material, screen material and paper towels on the sides of the bin for once the moth comes out as I know they need to hold themselves upright to appropriately dry and form their wings, and we have a humming bird feeder with hummingbird food in the container, and we have a potted tomato plant in the container for future eggs to be laid. The room that this is in stays around 80 degrees Fahrenheit as we also use this room for growing plants.

The young worms we have in a shoebox container lined with paper towels and they are being fed Hornworm chow and veggies. Once they start changing color I will switch them to a container with loose substrate so they can burrow.

Is there anything we're missing?

Thank you!

Latest posts