• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hoping for New Business

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey everyone, me and a group of friends are going to try to start a Bearded Dragon breeding Business. What we will do is breed beardies and sell and ship all over the U.S. Over the summer is when we would like for things to take off and we get started with breeding. Me and my friends will be building a multi-tank set-up to house adult beardies and hatchlings. The prices for the bearded dragons will be:

One bearded dragon - 60.00$
Two bearded dragons - 100.00$
Leatherbacks (If we get them) - 250.00$
Silkies (if we get them) - 250.00$

We might start selling mealworms and crickets in the future but that doesn't look like a possibility now. We will be starting to build the set-up around late June.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Have you happened to have read the top stickied post of this Breeding section ...

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I just read that and I have other friends that will help with housing the bearded dragons before they are sold.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Are you aware that a normal everyday sized incubator will barely hold one clutch, let alone the 3 that you're going to need to be incubating simultaneously just from one dragon? Depending, of course, on how long she waits to have her next clutches. Seriously, these girls can put out eggs. Are you going to be building your own custom incubator? I think that's how most breeders do it.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It killed me to throw out eggs to make room for the new clutch even though I was pretty sure they were dead. I wasn't even trying to breed... We had a female that wound up being male and I didn't take care of the issue soon enough once I realized there was one. 3 clutches later... they really don't stop coming!

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Haha... So if a male impregnates a female one time, that female can lay 3 clutches?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Haha... So if a male impregnates a female one time, that female can lay 3 clutches?
Oh, but those clutches are from 2 females. It's still iffy on if Castiel has another clutch waiting or not. She's getting so fat I wouldn't doubt it.

Jerin Zorb

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm getting one of the more expensive incubators that have multiple rack for multiple clutches and if I start to run out of room I will buy another. :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I'm getting one of the more expensive incubators that have multiple rack for multiple clutches and if I start to run out of room I will buy another. :)
I have one of those too... is it the exo terra? Yeah, not as much room as you would think. You can't shove them full or the air doesn't circulate. That female can lay for up to 6 months off one mating. She will use that one mating for all of her clutches for the season... depending on how healthy or robust she is she might put them out every couple weeks once she gets going. Make sure you have buyers lined up or you will be swamped with hordes of little mouths to feed for a very long time.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This shouldn't at all discourage you from breeding. Breeding animals can be a VERY rewarding experience. It's also a ton of work and a takes a lot of resources - time alone won't make for a successful breeding program. I think everyone here is just trying to encourage you to make sure all your ducks are in a row before you jump head-long into something potential difficult...
With all that said, you CAN do it. Just do it smartly! :):)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
This shouldn't at all discourage you from breeding. Breeding animals can be a VERY rewarding experience. It's also a ton of work and a takes a lot of resources - time alone won't make for a successful breeding program. I think everyone here is just trying to encourage you to make sure all your ducks are in a row before you jump head-long into something potential difficult...
With all that said, you CAN do it. Just do it smartly! :):)
Well said. I jumped into it in the worst way possible... by complete accident. It has been quite the experience trying to chase my tail and figger out what I'm doing.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I might have some leatherback babies by then... *whistles innocently* kidding. I have someone that's already extremely interested in the leathers.

Latest posts