• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Homemade Hammock?

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Hi everyone! Well, Baby is getting bigger and bigger, and is outgrowing his hammock that I bought for him at PetsMart. I would like to make him a bigger one by myself, but I am not sure what material to use and how to start. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make my own? Thanks!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You could theoretically use just about any durable fabric that doesn't have a tooth on it which your dragon could easily hang a nail on.
If I were to make one my first choice would probably be to recycle an old pair of blue jeans which also makes it washable. You can also find jeans cheap like 3 bucks a pair at most Goodwill stores.
Just make sure that if you are making one out of a solid material that you mount it on the cool side of the tank (Like we have Mungi's hammock mounted) The store bought ones, as Germ pointed out in a thread a while back, are specifically made out of the mesh so that if mounted as a basking spot the light/heat filters thru the material and doesn't greatly affect the area under the hammock temp/light wise. A solid material will.
If mounted on the cool side it doesn't matter and your dragon can use it to sleep on at night if he wishes.
You can find grommet kits for under 10 bucks at most hardware and craft stores.
Look forward to seeing what you get made up...be sure to post a pic:)
Enjoy!

Mariah94

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374504724.858917.jpg

This is in the ferret section. Malachi loves it over the reptile ones.

Latest posts