• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Holy Shivers

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awww - It only feels like -54F

Jan 31 temp C.JPG

I have seen much colder here, but this is enough for me. ;)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We use electric Block or Circulating heaters that keep the oil & engine block, not hot, but warm enough to start. Left anymore than 3-6 hours without being plugged in, there is a very good chance that they won't start in this weather.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! You guys want some tornadoes, bad weather, and some flooding? On Wednesday morning, we had a severe thunderstorm with a tornado warning. Adairsville, GA, and most of Calhoun, GA, (My town, Calhoun) was hit by a tornado. Certain subdivisions are in ruins, people lost their houses, and Adairsville had the worst damage. Turned tractor trailers, semis, powerlines, one person so far confirmed dead in his bed, and power outages. It just came through without any warning.

We're lucky. It skipped over us, but it was scary because I kept hearing trees falling and I found a skateboard in my yard. *I don't have a skateboard.* It's all banged up and I'm not sure if it flew all in the tornado as debris. They say that's rare to happen in January.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Really happy that you were spared. Unfortunate for the ones seriously affected. Hope they don't find any more dead.

That must have been an experience that you won't soon forget. Frightening.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Oh my....you won't ever forget that frightening experience. :) it is good to know that you and family are ok....especially that
` daughter` of yours!!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Really happy that you were spared. Unfortunate for the ones seriously affected. Hope they don't find any more dead.

That must have been an experience that you won't soon forget. Frightening.

I hope not. Many people lost their homes and two of the houses were brick and the other cement. You'd think you'd be safe in a cement block house or a brick home. Guess it doesn't matter.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh my....you won't ever forget that frightening experience. :) it is good to know that you and family are ok....especially that
` daughter` of yours!!

The 'daughter' of mine was so scared that she clung to me. Wouldn't let me go whatsover, even if I gathered everything I could with her in my arms. We are lucky because most of the houses around us are okay. The most damage was further down.

I know the hotels and motels are having a lot of business lately.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I checked further down Dews Pond Road, (One of the roads I live off of,) for the damage done. It's worse than I thought. People's houses were damaged, powerlines were down, roofs were torn off, trees all over the place, and I ventured to another area where houses were gone, a shed in a tree, and so much more. It's so shocking that you see it on TV, in movies, and you're not prepared for what you see in real life when something like this hits. Everyone's still in shock from the tornado and the weather.

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
This weather has been insane this year that's for sure. I'm sorry to hear about the tornadoes and flooding. I'm fearing another snow storm in our area soon. Weather can't make up it's mind, sunny and semi-warm a couple days, freezing/raining for a week or more.

Latest posts