• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hmmm help?

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well i was checking to see if my new beardie was a male or female the first 2 times i looked i swore it was definitly a female and well i just double checked again and now imnot to sure what it is! i put it close to my males and it just waves no head bobbing at all!!! but my 1 male goes nuts beard turns black and he bobs his head up and now like crazy LOL i pit it up to the female and still calm with no waving! any ideas?

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
If your new beardie is an adult, it should be fairly easy to tell. A male will have 2 bumps/bulges right above the vent. A female will have only one bump or none at all. Hope that helped :D

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
its only about 8 months old and usally i can tell but for some reason this one is iffy to me lol

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well i just looked again and im thinking its a girl but instead of it being like a center bump the bump kinda goes a little wide but theres deffintly no dimple and its actually under the vent on the tail side that you can tell on right?

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well this is all too funny to me... When I first got Boogie I thought she was a girl, So I took her in with me to the reptile store to buy some things and he said no a boy. So a boy it was, until I took him into the vet, and we looked and we did not see any bumps, so he became a she. Two week later I decided to check again and low and behold, she or I mean he had two bumps. So far still a boy and that was a few months ago.

So when I told my reptile guy about this, he said he had sold a girl a few month ago and the lady put it with her other female. (Which I am a strong believer in separate VIV's) and the girl turned out to be a boy but did not turn into a boy for a few days.

So the moral of this story is (I just don't get it). I guess when they are ready to tell you, you will know... LOL

Luckily I bought a girl from Tom and Tessie is still a girl... Yippy...

Latest posts