• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hiding alot

Josh Ellis

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have had my 5 month old bearded dragon for just over a month now and he has been eating fine he love crickets and hoppers. But for the past two days he has been hiding alot in his hinding place and not coming out. if he does come out he does not eat his hoppers. earlier he was under his rock so i put some Morio worms infront of it and he came out and ate them but then he went back to hide. so i put a hopper under there hoping he would eat it but he didnt he just stared at it then looked away.
Can someone plz reply :confused:

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would take the hide out it blocks UVB and heat. See if the improves things

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
what are your temps? i know that if the temps aren't right, a bluey will hide, i guess it's the same for a beardie.
My beardie (Yoda) only hides at night. Puts himself to bed at about 9pm - even if lights are still on

sillydylan

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yeah not good to have hides blocks uv and can create metabolic bone disease no one wants that

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I've seen Jethro go under his basking ramp at night sometimes. Occasionally he'll do that during the day for a nap but for the most part he's on his tree branch thing I got from the pet store, or wandering about his tank looking at his surroundings.

Latest posts