• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hide

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Rex has never used his once that Ive noticed. He prefers his branch for everything to include sleeping. I have the exo terra rock/hide.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
All beardies are different. Some use them and some don't.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep, some use it and some don't. I wouldn't be concerned if it is not being used. However, I'd still offer it in the viv. There may be one day when your dragon wants to cool down in a shady spot.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
While I'm on the topic of his behavior. I've seen a sudden surge in his appetite. I thought it'd be more gradual. His stool size and food intake have doubled. I don't know if I should associate this with his increased uvb or not. Plus he looks kinda fat, lol. I would assume as long as I limit his feeding to 10 minutes this should be ok. Vet checked him 3 days ago, no stowaways.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It can be due to the uvb or just plain age. This is a good sign. As long as you are sticking to the 10 minutes 2-3x a day, a baby can't get too fat. It is after 1 to 1 1/2 that you need to slow down the protein consumption.

Latest posts