• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi.

CharlieRed

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just weighed my bearded dragon. He is 2 years old and 13 1/2 inches long. He's only weighing in at 359 grams. He used to be heavier but after brumating he slimmed down. Hes active and has normal poop and urates. Is this low weight concerning?

Attachments

• 16986035432497927622826664122993.jpg
    16986035432497927622826664122993.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just weighed my bearded dragon. He is 2 years old and 13 1/2 inches long. He's only weighing in at 359 grams. He used to be heavier but after brumating he slimmed down. Hes active and has normal poop and urates. Is this low weight concerning?
Do you know how much weight he lost? It is not unusual for them to lose some weight during brumation- has he started eating again?

CharlieRed

Bearded Dragon Egg
Do you know how much weight he lost? It is not unusual for them to lose some weight during brumation- has he started eating again?
He lost 67 grams. Not all at once but gradually. He has started eating again but not a whole lot. I was using a deep heat emitter and a arcadia uvb bulb and took his basking light. Maybe that has something to do with it? I took the emitter out and put his basking bulb back today. Im hoping that helps. He's otherwise pretty healthy. Im going to make a vet appointment as well just to be sure.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He lost 67 grams. Not all at once but gradually. He has started eating again but not a whole lot. I was using a deep heat emitter and a arcadia uvb bulb and took his basking light. Maybe that has something to do with it? I took the emitter out and put his basking bulb back today. Im hoping that helps. He's otherwise pretty healthy. Im going to make a vet appointment as well just to be sure.
Yes he will not live w/ out a solid clear bright white basking bulb - your uvb is a Arcadia 12% bulb? Is it in the tank or top of the screen? Distance and placement is crucial-

CharlieRed

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes he will not live w/ out a solid clear bright white basking bulb - your uvb is a Arcadia 12% bulb? Is it in the tank or top of the screen? Distance and placement is crucial-
Its mounted in his tank. Its a 12% bulb that is across almost his entire tank with about a foot and a half without and a cold hide so he can get away from it if he wants.

CharlieRed

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so he can sit under it and has a gradient of uvb- watch his behavior now that you have the basking bulb back in- che's do not produce the temps you need nor do they provide UVA - they need the temps to start digestion
His deep heat emitter was keeping his platform at 113 in the center and went down in temp outside of the direct center. I thought that was a good replacement for the basking light itself since i had the uvb tube as well but his appetite sucks and he's always dark unless i take him outside but its too cold here for that now (WV).

CharlieRed

Bearded Dragon Egg
His deep heat emitter was keeping his platform at 113 in the center and went down in temp outside of the direct center. I thought that was a good replacement for the basking light itself since i had the uvb tube as well but his appetite sucks and he's always dark unless i take him outside but its too cold here for that now (WV).
Hi. Just wanted to let you know that after just 24 hours of putting Charlies basking light back in his tank hes totally a different dragon. Hes back to wanting to get out and running around. Hes got an appetite again hes got his color back and hes basking. I feel so bad that i took ot out in the first place now but he seems to be doing better already.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi. Just wanted to let you know that after just 24 hours of putting Charlies basking light back in his tank hes totally a different dragon. Hes back to wanting to get out and running around. Hes got an appetite again hes got his color back and hes basking. I feel so bad that i took ot out in the first place now but he seems to be doing better already.
Glad to hear and thanks for the update

Latest posts