• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi names Troy and I'm new to bearded dragons and this forum!

Troy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi guys, I'm 19 living in Hammond, LA I've owned Reptiles all my life and currently have a Leopard Gecko, Corn Snake & Ball Python! I am also about to get a Bearded Dragon and here is where you guys come in... I need help and have a few questions!

So I'm buying a Bearded Dragon from this guy for $100 he's a 3 year old beardie and tame! I am in need of help with a feeding question and heating question!

So I know you are supposed to feed them plants and insects ( I know what to feed them ) but when do I feed them the insects and when do I feed them the plant?

Also
How do I heat the cage, Meaning what lights to use ( What light bulbs and brand or kind ETC. ) Links to the bulbs would be helpful or links to everything needed to heat the Bearded Dragon would be even better!?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Troy, Welcome 2 the Forum. Congrats on your decision 2 gt a dragon, u won't regret it.
At 3 years, the dragon is going 2 need an 80% veg & 20% protien diet along with calcium & vitamins.
Every enclosure needs a hot & cold side so the dragon can regulate it's temperature, this is very important
4 digestion & overall health. Hot side should be 100-110 & the cold side should be 85. I recommend ZooMed
bulbs for basking & UVB sources, they have very consistent & good quality products.
Also, the size of the enclosure you are using will determine the wattage of bulb needed to reach
the correct temps.

Latest posts