• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi I'm new to Beardies

Fran

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone, I am quite new to the Beardie front and have just purchased 2 little babies... Well I say babies but they are about 7 - 8 weeks old and full of energy!
I have been told by my reptile supplier to leave their heat light on all the time, therefore keeping the vivarium temperature at a constant; 100 - 105f... and turn the UV off at night... i work on a 14/10 night/day..... I have searched and researched on line and most advice i have been given says that temperatures should be reduced to replicate their natural night time conditions i.e 60f (which is about 15 -16 degrees celsius).
Also I am unsure of what kind of greens are good and whether they need to be par cooked before feeding them, for example if i had curly cabbage does it need to be softened first?

Please help me..I feel like a little lizard in a big desert! ::)

Many Thanx x

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your babies. You are right about the night light. Beardies need complete darkness to have a great night's rest. As long as temps don't drop below 65F, you are good to go. If they do fall below that, you can use a ceremic heat emitter to get viv temps up.

Here is a link to our basic caresheet. Give it a read and let us know if you have any questions -
Bearded Dragon Care

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome Fran to the wild world of dragon keeping !
Welcome to our little corner of sanity.. ;)
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi and welcome. There is a great nutrition sheet at beautifuldragons.com. it will tell you what foods are ok for your beardies and how often they can be fed. Veggies don't need to be cooked before feeding.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi and welcome to the forum
my advice for the day is gonna be, be aware when getting advice from a pet shop as the advice given by them isnt always the best

paul

Latest posts