• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi Im a new Beardie owner any advice? :)

HTX_JESSICA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hello i recently added a new member to my little family hes is so cute i named him titan
i wanted to see if anybody had any advice im new to this.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
oh wow hes great looking who did you purchase him from and how old adn youll probably learn everything you need to know by just looking around the forum just make sure hes getting lots of calcium and teh proper lighting and heat in a decent cage and it should thrive

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome!!! Titan is a cutie :D How old is he? Is he a leatherback?

Like alivia said, take a look around the forum. There are a lot of subjects that we have talked about and could possibly help you out.

My advice would be to not use sand or any kind of loose substrate. You can use non-adhesive shelf liner (I use this), paper towel, or tile.

If you need any ideas on what to feed him you can go here http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html . They have almost everything on there and it will tell you what is safe and isn't.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh, and I really suggest housing beardies seperate. There are a lot of bad stories about beardies harming or killing the other beardies that were living in the same viv with them. Please don't take that risk.

HTX_JESSICA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanx guys yea i got him from diamond den the lady is real nice and helpfull so check her out at diamondden.com ....i think hes about 2 months now hes a great eater he is a trans leatherback i heard keeping sand is no good so im using carpet.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Titan is awesome! Welcome 2 the forum, any questions you may have can be answered by one of the members. Very knowledgeable group & staff.

Latest posts