• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey, thoughts about my new setup?

RankinsDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey

I just changed my little juvenile rankins dragons setup. I tried to make it as fun as possible. This is my first dragon and I gladly take tips and comments if theres something to make it better if theres mistakes :)

Here it is.

Basking bulp is ExoTerra Daylight Basking Spot 75w and temp under it is 40-41c. The platform is 18cm above the floor and the terrarirum is ExoTerras 90x45x60 Tall Terrarium. I have T5 Arcadia Dragon 14% UVB tube (strongest there is I guess) above the mesh and its distance is 40cm from platform (Arcadias site says minimium distance should be 45cm from rankins dragon but since mesh cuts about 30% of the uvb rays I put it above the mesh).

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 70

RankinsDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Beautiful setup! Did you make the basking platform?
Thanks! Yes I asked local hardware store if they had some untreated nonchemical materials left and made the platform out of em, little bit rough but works well:D I havent had platform before and Lizard really seems to enjoy it. Now she can leave the strong uvb easily by just moving downwards. Shes been mostly basking and exploring her new terrarium. She even has digbox with full of playsand now. I'm surprised shes not tried it yet because she likes to dig very much usually.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey

I just changed my little juvenile rankins dragons setup. I tried to make it as fun as possible. This is my first dragon and I gladly take tips and comments if theres something to make it better if theres mistakes :)

Here it is.

Basking bulp is ExoTerra Daylight Basking Spot 75w and temp under it is 40-41c. The platform is 18cm above the floor and the terrarirum is ExoTerras 90x45x60 Tall Terrarium. I have T5 Arcadia Dragon 14% UVB tube (strongest there is I guess) above the mesh and its distance is 40cm from platform (Arcadias site says minimium distance should be 45cm from rankins dragon but since mesh cuts about 30% of the uvb rays I put it above the mesh).

Thanks! :)
Way too Dark!! U are using the wrong UVB. U need the Reptisin 10.0 T5 for UVB it is the best & only recommended proper UVB for Beardies. We reacue and rehome and see this negligence all the time because they were Mis/informed by pet stores or dont want to spend the money. Beautiful set up but congested; remove the sand box they dotm get gravid except in the summer only. He needs a hideaway to get away from the UVB he’s hiding in the corner of cold side for a reason. Get a hammock for hot side behind basking area and cover with a towel so he can go inder hammock to have a shady area and away from UVB and still be warm. he needs proper UVB; light & bright to have energy & thrive & to absorb Vitamin D & breakdown the calcium or his bones will get brittle he won’t be able to walk to eat ans eventually death. Call Carolina custom cages; they have the best prices for the Reptisun order the 10.0 T5 the length should cover 70percent of the cage or order from Amazon. They have great cages and lots of knowledge coz they breed and sell beardies.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Way too Dark!! U are using the wrong UVB. U need the Reptisin 10.0 T5 for UVB it is the best & only recommended proper UVB for Beardies. We reacue and rehome and see this negligence all the time because they were Mis/informed by pet stores or dont want to spend the money. Beautiful set up but congested; remove the sand box they dotm get gravid except in the summer only. He needs a hideaway to get away from the UVB he’s hiding in the corner of cold side for a reason. Get a hammock for hot side behind basking area and cover with a towel so he can go inder hammock to have a shady area and away from UVB and still be warm. he needs proper UVB; light & bright to have energy & thrive & to absorb Vitamin D & breakdown the calcium or his bones will get brittle he won’t be able to walk to eat ans eventually death. Call Carolina custom cages; they have the best prices for the Reptisun order the 10.0 T5 the length should cover 70percent of the cage or order from Amazon. They have great cages and lots of knowledge coz they breed and sell beardies.
The UVB light is fine (both brand and placement). I've noticed that setups often look darker than they are depending on the photo angle, shadows, and other lights in the room. It doesn't matter what time of year it is, beardies need a dig box for enrichment, security, and to prevent arthritis, and there's no right or wrong time of year to become gravid.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The UVB light is fine (both brand and placement). I've noticed that setups often look darker than they are depending on the photo angle, shadows, and other lights in the room. It doesn't matter what time of year it is, beardies need a dig box for enrichment, security, and to prevent arthritis, and there's no right or wrong time of year to become gravid.
Buy the Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB its the Best & Most recomended the length u order should cover 70 percent of the tank; I have already told you we rescue and rehome all day long and its deadly what we see. He will get MBD if you dont change it ASAP. AND NO LIGHTS AT NITE; PURE DARK & QUIET. Also, the tank is congested!! Buy a bigger tank it should be minimim 48 inches long and 24Deep & 24 High thats minimum for 8mnhts old and up. Bigger is even better. Its $550 all over Amazon!!!

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Buy the Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB its the Best & Most recomended the length u order should cover 70 percent of the tank; I have already told you we rescue and rehome all day long and its deadly what we see. He will get MBD if you dont change it ASAP. AND NO LIGHTS AT NITE; PURE DARK & QUIET. Also, the tank is congested!! Buy a bigger tank it should be minimim 48 inches long and 24Deep & 24 High thats minimum for 8mnhts old and up. Bigger is even better. Its $550 all over Amazon!!!
Reptisun lights are not available in many regions, and in that case Arcadia bulbs are recommended. Arcadia gives off the same UVB output as Reptisun and is one of the best quality bulbs on the market.
Rankins dragons require much less space than inland dragons, and 30" is generally the minimum. The tank is above that and it's a pretty good size for the beardie.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Reptisun lights are not available in many regions, and in that case Arcadia bulbs are recommended. Arcadia gives off the same UVB output as Reptisun and is one of the best quality bulbs on the market.
Rankins dragons require much less space than inland dragons, and 30" is generally the minimum. The tank is above that and it's a pretty good size for the beardie.
You order the Reptisun on Amazon or online thru Carolina Custom Cages. They are the best for proper UVB.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
You order the Reptisun on Amazon or online thru Carolina Custom Cages. They are the best for proper UVB.
Carolina Custom Cages doesn't ship to all countries as far as I know, and not everything available on Amazon on the US site ships to every country (at least not without outrageous shipping prices).
Arcadia bulbs are great quality, and many people who use both prefer the Arcadia.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Carolina Custom Cages doesn't ship to all countries as far as I know, and not everything available on Amazon on the US site ships to every country (at least not without outrageous shipping prices).
Arcadia bulbs are great quality, and many people who use both prefer the Arcadia.
Just make sure you change it out every 6mnths. However on the Reptisun 10.0 T5; it’s every 12mnths. I do it every 10mnyhs to be safe.

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
It is fine. In case your not aware Arcadia and Reptisun are the two best out there as far as UVB is concerned and IMO Arcadia is better between the two

Latest posts