• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hey i need help

awesomest person alive

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hey im a newbie.. i have just got 2 new beardies and they are hatchlings. i have a 3 foot tank and i cant get the temp high enough, they wont eat and i have really no clue what im doing.. ?? help would be appreciated. :) thanks

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What kind of container do you have them in? What are you using to heat the enclosure? Can you post some photos of your setup?

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hey im a newbie.. i have just got 2 new beardies and they are hatchlings. i have a 3 foot tank and i cant get the temp high enough, they wont eat and i have really no clue what im doing.. ?? help would be appreciated. :) thanks

Two Questions:

1) Are they housed together?
2) Can you please give details of you setup (i.e. lights brand and wattage, heat source, substrate....)

Thanks

awesomest person alive

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
at the moment i have them in a 3 foot fish tank,but im soon getting a lizard tank soon. for the moment they are housed together.. but i fixed the eating problem.. so thats all good. i have at the moment one day light set up at 100 watts but i have managed to get the temp to 34 degrees its that good?

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok I am goign to try and offer some suggestions:

1) when Beardies get moved or their envirnoment changes they can go through relocation stress which stops them from eating. This stress can last up to 3 weeks.
2) It is VERY dangerous for beardies to be housed together. There will always be a dominate one in the group and teh rest will suffer, either by not getting enough food or by getting injured in fights. I have seen people say that their dragons had been house together for 2 or mores without issue then one day one of them gets killed from a fight. Please seperate them as soon as you can.
3) You mentioned the 100 watt light, but do you have a UV light? They need very high volumes of UV to digest and use calcium and to stimulate hunger.
4) the temp you mentioned is not warm enough. the basking spot should be between 40.5 and 48.9 celcius when measured with a temp gun or digital thermometer where the heat probe touches the basking spot. Never measrure air temp and never ue stick on thermometers as they can be up to 20 degrees off.

How did you fix the eating propbelm and what are you feeding them?

Hope this helps.

Fliehigh

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What type of bulb are you using we use a 60 wat and keep temps under there basking at 100f at 12inches with a 10uvb tube at 8 inches

Latest posts