• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey guys I'm new to all this and just got my first beardie(:

karishmaBD

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I just got my first bearded dragon Jetta right now she's my girl even though I can't tell her sex yet I love her like crazy she's 3 months old and shes little bitty she eats good she takes collard greens from my hand eats about 6-10 crickets a day she doesn't like meal worms much but eventually she should give in:) so inbox me and give me some tips:) I will greatly appreciate it:) thanks so much guys this is like my new favorite site now.:D

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome to BDF! Can you post some photos of your setup and beardie for us to see?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great! That will really help us get a feel for how you have things arranged, what equipment you have, and how healthy your little beardie looks! Thanks for joining the community!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Karishma :D welcome! How long have you had her now? She looks like a pretty little thing in your avatar pic!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WelcomeToTheForums-1.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There are many well informed members on this forum that will be more than happy to help out with tips, suggestions/recommendations & advice when needed.

Josh & I thank you for the 'Plug' & vote of confidence, Sunkiss :D.

Once again, welcome to BDF, looking forward to the pics of your new acquisition to the Family.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Can't wait to get to know another new member. welcome to the dragon cave, find a bed of gold and take a nap

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello & Welcome 2 the Forum, glad you like it here :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Oh, and don't use calci sand! Big no no, even though the pet shops like to sell it and pretend it's completely beardie "safe". It causes impaction in very young dragons and sometimes in the older ones too. Don't wish them to grow up too early, you'd miss all the fun stages in between!

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
welcome 2 the forum karishma!!!!! so glad u have come across this wonderful forum!!!! as stated above, mealworms are not a good choice, especially for young beardies. they have a hard exoskeleton & that makes em hard 2 digest..meaning they could cause impaction(not being able to pass through your beardie properly). plus they are very high in fat content. just be sure to ask plenty of questions and check out some posts on here for info!!! :)

karishmaBD

Bearded Dragon Egg
Wowww guys all of this information is helping me out bunches already!! i love this place and yes i do not use sand i use reptile carpet it works awesome exept when the crickets get under it thats a pain lol and im glad u told me this. i give her small crickets and collard greens no more worms. and thats about it and yes i do dust the crickets with calcium and vitamin d3 every once in a while and overall i love my beardie oh so much!!!:)

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
^it doesn't hurt to dust every meal of crickets, they need all the d3 and calcium they can get. Glad your loving your beardie.

If you live in a area where they don't dust crops or the ground, look around for dandy lion flowers and leaves, beardies love these and I feed them to my dragon every day.

karishmaBD

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well i prefer buying all my greens n stuff from kroger thats the only market i truly trust. n i do live near crops i live in texas and theres farming all around me.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Well i prefer buying all my greens n stuff from kroger thats the only market i truly trust. n i do live near crops i live in texas and theres farming all around me.
Well I wouldent feel safe using the natural plant life around me if I was in your shoes. Good thing your not right?

Good luck and happy to see a responsible dragon lover.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You can try feeding your beardie in a separate tote or enclosure if you don't want to mess with cricket hunting at the end of the day. Sometimes they will take to it, sometimes they won't.

karishmaBD

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes and is that your beardie in the picture? should i be worried if that black thing comes out of my dragons neck they say that because they are mad or upset or something?

Latest posts