• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey guys, has anyone else noticed their beardie having a strange fascination with keyboards?

Charley

Hatchling Dragon
I can only base my dragons' needs from what I see and they seem to appreciate the shower when they get in it :-D there's a bit of drinking, then some basking. But one in particular will not be moved from underneath the spray. She loves it. Sometimes when it's time to leave, she'll go all black beard and run back in again! I want to make sure they have the best lives possible so whether they are in need of hydration or not, I like to offer it. Sometimes they just want to prance about in the water, sometimes they want to drink it like they've never had water. I know alot of beardie keepers like to keep their beardies as close to how they would live in the wild as possible, I'm not one of them. I want to give them a better habitat, one in which they can live longer. All the best bits of the wild and some home improvements too! :-D

beardie_owner

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yeah I want to do the same. She doesn't seem too impressed with the water so far, not tried the shower yet though

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can only base my dragons' needs from what I see and they seem to appreciate the shower when they get in it :-D there's a bit of drinking, then some basking. But one in particular will not be moved from underneath the spray. She loves it. Sometimes when it's time to leave, she'll go all black beard and run back in again! I want to make sure they have the best lives possible so whether they are in need of hydration or not, I like to offer it. Sometimes they just want to prance about in the water, sometimes they want to drink it like they've never had water. I know alot of beardie keepers like to keep their beardies as close to how they would live in the wild as possible, I'm not one of them. I want to give them a better habitat, one in which they can live longer. All the best bits of the wild and some home improvements too! :-D

Mine hates the shower. She'll sit underneath the spray and turn black with her eyes closed.

There was one day where I actually took a shower and her Grandma was holding her because she wanted to sit with her. When Allie found out I wasn't there, she ran toward the bathroom and in she wanted. She waited in Grandma's hands waiting for me to finish rinsing off. Dragons sure are funny when it comes to babysitters. They run to their protectors...and she 'loved' her shower while sitting on me.

SuzQ

Bearded Dragon Egg
How come there are no concerns here about salmonella with the dragon being all over keyboards?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

While bearded dragons can carry salmonella just as well as birds, they are not inherently little salmonella factories. Beardies have gotten that reputation because there has been many big box pet stores that purchase them from breeders that breed them in HUGE quantities where they are not handled, fed properly, kept in regularly cleaned cages and they are typically living in overcrowded rearing bins in their own feces. This is not always the case however, some breeders only breed what they can pay attention to and keep a clean environment. Its also important as an owner to keep your pets cage clean of feces and soak them every once in a while to keep them clean and healthy. Most of the time a clean healthy beardie would be perfectly safe to nuzzle just like any other pet. But its always a good Idea to wash or sanitize your hands after touching any pet.

chris dalley

Bearded Dragon Egg
mine likes to perch on my keyboard when we watch a movie or something on youtube together and has figured out what buttons will pause it for when he sees anything he likes

BeardedDragonNamedSteve

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My beardie LOVES jumping around on my computer. If I am holding him he jumps onto my keyboard and starts jumping on the screen. I think maybe he is attracted to the light? I am not quite sure but that is what I am assuming. Anyone have any other thoughts?
They are interested in the screen because it has lights they are not used to

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Oh my god yes! My beardie likes climbing on my laptop keyboard, sometimes i'll just have to type around her. She used to be light and not be able to press keys, but now i have to make sure she doesn't touch any important buttons.