• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hey all, long time, no read, lol...? about superworms

Duecej

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok so I went to the stupid pet store and bought super worms! There dead! Grrr so any way storm is eating 30 plus cricketsva day! It's killing me running to the pet store, so as I'm reading they say wax worms are very good for dragons, how old does storm need to be? He is about 4 months old can he have these yet? He could care less about greens I put them in every morning and he won't eat them
So
1 is he too small for wax worms?
2 petsmart delivers them, should I get them from there

Thanks I hope everyone and the bds are well

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
sorry i cant help with any info on the wax worms and such, but i am wondering about the dead superworms! i think you should talk to the pet store about this! for a few reasons; they can check what they have in stock, (talk to the employees about doing their jobs more diligently) and reimburse you for them!

Duecej

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh I am taking them back tomorrow, when they brought them out from the back, I said are they dead? He said no they are dormant from being in the fridge, so after I realized they were dead I did some research and it says do not put them in the refrigerator...grrr this pet store irritates Me! But thanks I will Def. Be taking them back

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would print and take the page along that says the supers cant go in the fridge!! so frustrating! you expect the petstores to be able to GIVE advice and care instructions!! makes me so mad when i go into our local petstore! (which is ONLY when in dire need of live food).

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah...SUPER worms cannot be refrigerated. Get a small Kritter Keeper, a sponge to cut, some cricket feed...Wet sponge, place food in small dish to add to their home. They will last about a week. Feed no more than three a day.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i put my supers in a tub with either cricket gut load or i use starter/grower chicken mash. cut a few potatoes in half and lay on top for moisture (can also use oranges or collard stalks etc) and mine last a month or longer.

Latest posts