• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help

xxxkerryxxxx

Bearded Dragon Egg
got my two bearded dragons last week. i know some stuff as my friends have them. The lady that i bought them of said the girl was very active and the boy just followed. when i got them home fixed their home back up but they were cold so after a day went and got new lights . the vivarium is 4ft bye 2ft the heater bulb they had was a 30 put a 100 in and renewed the uvb light as she said she got it last june and didnt need new one till this june but reading post on this that told me light was to old. the girl is still being lazy boys quite active not worried about him just her as shes hiding in the cool side all the time and wont heat her self up is this normal. bobs bobbing his head up and down all the time thats why wee called him bob and heidis hiding all the time thats why shes named heidi. when out vivarium shes starts bobing head back to him

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 20

xxxkerryxxxx

Bearded Dragon Egg
its the same vivarium that they were in we've had them since last thursday the two of them are fly wont eat in front of any one but if leave the room and come back in half the foods away greens. she eats nearly all the live locus when i give them it. the lady that had them before me gave them locus every day and meal worms got told not to do that as their adults and dont need live locus every day to give every 2nd day is this correct and defo not to give meal worms as thats a treat now and then

WatfordOleary17

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Mealworms r treats, locust for me are great, the younger the dragon the more live food they eat, as they age most eat more salad, saying that I know a beardie who had never eaten salad. I would give them a bit of time to settle in, even tho the viv is the Same the house they moved to isn't. Give her some time and weigh them weekly to keep an eye on them.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It seems your male is dominant and the female submissive, go read this post on housing them together
Its a big NO NO

For starters they are already showing sighns of dominance
The male will attempt to breed her and if shes too young it could have serious effects, he will also breed her to death as they dont stop

As far as food goes here is a link to good salad items to feed
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

As far as live foods go the best staples are:
Roaches
Silk worms
Crickets
Locusts
Super worms
Pheonix worms

Avoid meal worms as theyre no good, hold no nutrition and their chittin shells are impossible to digest

How old are they?
Your temps seem a bit low still IF theyre under 18 months old

Dragons btwn ages of 0-18 months
Basking temp - 105-110F
Cool side - 85F

18 months onward
Basking - 100 (max 105)
Cool side between 80 and 85

xxxkerryxxxx

Bearded Dragon Egg
i never housed them together it was the people that had them before use had them housed together since they were born they now 5 years of age do you think that im better seperating them or have they been together to long now to seperate

Latest posts