• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help

SueDel8

Bearded Dragon Egg
My co worker passed away two weeks ago and so I adopted his beardie (very thinks he's 2 years old). I've had him for a week tomorrow and the poor thing isn't eating! I've tried romaine, arugula, spring mix salad, butternut squash, red grapes, apples, beardie mix from pet store and nothing. He's only eaten a few small meal worms and I honestly thought he died the other night but then I found out about bromating. I don't know if he's going through this process and I shouldn't worry but I just want the poor guy to have a good home and be happy. I am going to get some crickets tomorrow but he did have a few in his cage when I got him and he could care less.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi - your beardie may be mourning. they can also go through what can be called "relocation stress" - he's in a new home, with a new mom, and new surroundings. toss the beardie mix from the pet store. your other choices are much better. and the romaine ? No nutritional value - please hold off on that. it will take some time to learn what he likes. It may take a couple of weeks for him to settle in. don't panic. I personally wouldn't worry too much about mixing up his food choices - if you've got some arugula, just offer that every day and let him decide when to eat. Please don't leave live crickets in his tank - they can actually irritate him. He may also be in brumation. And - that is different for each beardie. my first boy would sleep for MONTHS !!! my girl is equally lazy all year so it's hard to tell if she's brumating. my current boy has just slowed down a bit - and sleeps more. Can you give us some info about your tank set up? What kind of lighting are you using? What is his basking temp? ambient temp? overnight temp? Can you post a pic of the tank? Take a look at the links below my signature for some super info put together by a couple of our members. and - keep those questions coming - you'll get through this and find that you totally love your kid !!

Latest posts