• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help!

Kacie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just got my daughter a Beardie for her birthday! I've owned snakes and always wanted a lizard myself and I took a long time to decide what to get! He is a tiny baby and has a 55 gallon tank to live in. I had an educated assistant help me pick the lighting and all that jazz! But I'm afraid he's too cold, he basked all. Day. Long. And now he is asleep with his night light and he's way way way up in the corner sleeping. It's weird... Should I be worried? Is this normal behavior?? Please help!

Attachments

• 20151024_212207.jpg
    20151024_212207.jpg
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 8

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
What Turkey Hunter said. You either need a digital probe thermometer one on the cold side and one right in the basking spot or a temp gun to measure temps. Basking spot for a baby should be 105-110 degrees and the cool side during the day should be around 80. At night the whole tank can get as low as 65 degrees anything lower you will want to get a CHE, it gives off heat with no light. Get rid of the red light. They are not nocturnal animals, there is nothing to see at night and the red light actually will disrupt their sleep cycle because of the "third eye" on top of their head. Only need a heat source if the temp goes below 65 degrees.

What are you using for a UVB light?

Latest posts