• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP!! worried beginner owner

Ashe

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've had my bearded dragon for around 13 days now, she's not had any stress marks and she loves to cuddle up with me. The pet shop told me she was 6 months old but she seems too small to be that age??

I've ran into 2 main problems with her. The first being she refuses to eat vegetablesz I've tried all tricks on this websites none have seemed to work. I even went as far as not feeding her for 2 days and offering veggies the third day but she refuses, I dont see the point in me going to a vet as I know she was fed veggies at all in the pet shop and only 1 meal a day from what it looked like. I was hoping for any other ways in which I could try get her to eat veggies and or fruits?

My second problem comes in only today. My beardie has beautiful blue marks on her back that are light in colour and never seemed to go any darker. Until today. Here's some pictures.

Extra info :
She's a female goes by the name Blu
Her poop is normal, it's wet has the white part and darker part too it nothing unusual about it.
She's 6 months of age apparentlymaking her born in June. Her basking light is 200 Watt as given from the pet shopand the temp goes to about 30-36. C and her UVB light states 36 watt? She has her cool end and hot end the cool end going to 20-25. C. she's a very chill dragon? She doesn't do much not even in her tank and I'm jot sure if that's because in the pet shop he tank was so bare and only had a single stick in it.
My last piece of Info is that she's on reptile carpet which she loves so much more that newspaper or tissue paper.

Please can any give a slight indication as to what's wrong or if she's healthy?!

Attachments

• IMG_20190103_123927.jpg
    IMG_20190103_123927.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Snapchat-343154219.jpg
    Snapchat-343154219.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 43

Aerries

Hatchling Dragon
Toss the reptile carpet, it only harbors bacteria. Second, try bee pollen dusted on the veggies, or toss some supers or mealies in to make the veggies “move” so it catches her attention. Also beautiful blue coloration! They will change colors continuously as the grow especially, also the darker they become at times means an upcoming shed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tabasco

Hatchling Dragon
Beautiful dragon! Many dragons are undersized for a variety of reasons such as small enclosure, sharing an enclosure, parasites, genetics etc. Yours is not a bad size, Ive seen some the same age that were half as big. Nothing a good size enclosure, proper feeding and time wont solve.

Ashe

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for the replies!
It's quite hard too look after this dragon as my parents don't seem to understand she's not like a dog and has completely other needs. I live in the UK and my pets at home doesn't seem to sell anything other than the standard brown crickets, black, locusts or meal worms. I'll be attempting to see what the pet shop offers from where she was bought but I am not tempted to buy from online as I just couldn't simple pay for the good AND shipping. So far Blu seems super happy, her enclosure is pretty big and I have noticed yesterday she only ate a blue Berry because it accidentally rolled out my hand (I hate how picky she is )

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know that we have some other members that are in the UK so I hope that they chime in on where and what they buy feeder insect wise..But as long as she is happy that is what matters..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
A 200watt bulb!!!!! I didn't even know they made those. I would think it would be cooking her. What are you checking your temps with? She's going to get darker when she is absorbing the UVB, nothing to worry about. She is still young and should still be eating mostly bugs so I wouldn't worry about the veggies too much right now.

Latest posts