• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with possible Gravid beardie

kieranweller

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is a 1 year old female . Around 5th of February she started digging at her tank floor and being restless so I thought she was gravid. I made her a dig box out of top soil and sand so she could dig. She dug a few times in this dig box but quickly became stressed and uncomfortable being in this box. So I decided to put a lay box in her enclosure with her. This seemed to work and she quickly started digging again and didn’t really do much else other than having a break every now and then to bask. For about a week now she has shown no interest in digging at all but hasn’t laid any eggs. I’ve tried feeling for eggs in her belly but this is the first time and I don’t really know what I’m looking for. I can definitely feel lumps in her belly and they feel like how imagine eggs to feel like and are the right size but there is also a bigger longer lump on the side of her belly. Her behaviour has been normal. She is not showing any signs of distress or is lethargic. The only difference I notice is that she is very hungry and goes crazier than she normally would over food. She has put on 10g since before this started but I have been giving her plenty of bugs so she isn’t weak when laying eggs. I have also boosted her calcium intake up aswell. Could she still lay or have I mistaken the digging for something else and could the lumps just be normal food/poop lumps?

kieranweller

Bearded Dragon Egg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Ok so i dont think the lumps are a poop lump. These are signs of eggs
  • Rapid weight gain
  • Increase in appetite
  • You can feel the eggs around the abdomen
  • May be more skittish/ aggrevated by your presence
can you send a pic like this is possible?
1614274997623.png

kieranweller

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so i dont think the lumps are a poop lump. These are signs of eggs
  • Rapid weight gain
  • Increase in appetite
  • You can feel the eggs around the abdomen
  • May be more skittish/ aggrevated by your presence
can you send a pic like this is possible?View attachment 26039
She’s gained about 10g but I’ve also been feeding her more, she’s definitely had an increase in appetite, not sure if I can feel eggs but I can definitely feel something, she’s definitely not skittish or aggravated by my presence

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28

kieranweller

Bearded Dragon Egg

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Give her until next Friday. Keep the box in her tank. Watch her closely. Her poo schedule. Make sure she's not stressed make sure temp are on check same with the UVB. If by the end of the month she hasnt laid eggs but the lumps are still there take her in. Keep us updated if you can :)

kieranweller

Bearded Dragon Egg
Give her until next Friday. Keep the box in her tank. Watch her closely. Her poo schedule. Make sure she's not stressed make sure temp are on check same with the UVB. If by the end of the month she hasnt laid eggs but the lumps are still there take her in. Keep us updated if you can :)
Ok I’ll do that. Thanks for helping me :) I’ll keep you updated

Latest posts