• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help with morph and color?

Andyurgay

Hatchling Dragon
I'm just curious about my girls morph and color. She looks like a leatherback to me but I've heard some people say American smoothy. Is there much of a difference? Her scales are not uniformly smooth, she does have a few bigger ones down the center of her back.

And for color? She was advertised as pastel but I've had a pastel before and my girl is much more yellow and has the lavender patches on her sides. Also she's not hypo because she does not have solid black eyes but she does have clear nails. Any ideas? I'm not good with dragon genetics quite yet.

Also I know age is hard to tell but I'm thinking roughly 4 months since we get them in the store as young as 6 weeks and she has been there about 3 months. Sound about right?

WP_20141102_001.jpg
WP_20141102_003.jpg
WP_20141102_005.jpg
WP_20141102_006.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She's stunning! I'm not good with morphs so I can't help you there. I can tell you that hypo means lacking black pigment, so she is def a hypo. My girl is a hypo but she's not as light as this one. Mine has some a little bit of dark lavender and clear nails. A Trans dragon is one that has all black eyes.

pitgrl18

Hatchling Dragon
trans dont always have all black eyes i dont think because i have 2 trans and their eyes dont look solid black to me. but yes i agree with patsy, she is hypo. she also looks to be leatherback to me. im not sure what american smoothie is in comparison to leather... but she looks leather to me :) beautiful baby btw

Andyurgay

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you both for your help and compliments I think she's gorgeous and the cutest little personality.
So she's hypo, that makes sense. So like a pastel hypo? Or is there a certain name? My manager thought maybe lemon ice but she doesn't look yellow enough for that.

Andyurgay

Hatchling Dragon
Oh wow, what a striking dragon! So pretty

Turns out, my girl is a boy I noticed "her" look in the mirror during a soak and start head bobbing. So I was curious, checked again and whoops, two bumps. Oh well, guess its early enough still to rename him. Thanks for everyone's help with colors and morphs

Jet76

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hypo citrus leather back. A micro scale would have reduced side spikes and no rough scales across the back. Definitely not Trans.

Latest posts