• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with feeding.

Tonydabaloney

Hatchling Dragon
I'm having a hard time getting my dragon to eat veggies and she won't touch anything that has even been near a calcium supplement. She loves her super worms and crickets, but only eats a leaf of any green. She is only 8 months old and seems very healthy and loving pal, but I'm concerned. She has regular stools..

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm having a hard time getting my dragon to eat veggies and she won't touch anything that has even been near a calcium supplement. She loves her super worms and crickets, but only eats a leaf of any green. She is only 8 months old and seems very healthy and loving pal, but I'm concerned. She has regular stools..
Are you not dusting the insects w/ calcium D3 5 x per week once per feeding lightly coated and 2 x per week w/ vitamins w/ beta carotene once per feeding lightly coated? We need her to start eating at least some of the salads now as she needs to go to insects 2-3 times per week at the age of a year old- Order her some BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com order large use them as lures to the salad bowl do not dust them they are calcium enriched - add them to the tops of her salads in front of her to entice her to the bowl - feed first thing in the morning - feed around 20 at a time if she likes them she will eat them to fast and they will come out undigested - you will need a bowl like this to keep them in https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info its outdated and its a great staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Make sure your surface basking temps are taken w/ a digital probe thermometer they are the most accurate 95-100 - the bulb should be a clear solid bright white basking bulb -- your UVB a long tube fixture properly placed for the screen on your tank --- NO coils ---- I can recommend 3 fixtures if you need help
You can also use the super worms to lure her to the salad bowl only use 1-3 and feed every few days --- horn worms are good to add on top as well along w/ silk worms another staple feeder - they stick to everything -

Tonydabaloney

Hatchling Dragon
Are you not dusting the insects w/ calcium D3 5 x per week once per feeding lightly coated and 2 x per week w/ vitamins w/ beta carotene once per feeding lightly coated? We need her to start eating at least some of the salads now as she needs to go to insects 2-3 times per week at the age of a year old- Order her some BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com order large use them as lures to the salad bowl do not dust them they are calcium enriched - add them to the tops of her salads in front of her to entice her to the bowl - feed first thing in the morning - feed around 20 at a time if she likes them she will eat them to fast and they will come out undigested - you will need a bowl like this to keep them in https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info its outdated and its a great staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Make sure your surface basking temps are taken w/ a digital probe thermometer they are the most accurate 95-100 - the bulb should be a clear solid bright white basking bulb -- your UVB a long tube fixture properly placed for the screen on your tank --- NO coils ---- I can recommend 3 fixtures if you need help
You can also use the super worms to lure her to the salad bowl only use 1-3 and feed every few days --- horn worms are good to add on top as well along w/ silk worms another staple feeder - they stick to everything -
Thank you. I'll try your suggestions. She seems happy and healthy, but I'm not sure of how she was raised before we got her. Just today I started with giving her a nice salad with a mix of greens, cilantro, mustard greens, kale with parsley, sage and strawberry tops and a couple blueberries. By afternoon she hadn't touched anything. Then I gave her about 8 super worms. Then I caught her eating soon greens. Nice to see ,but not enough. I'll try all your suggestions and let you know.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you. I'll try your suggestions. She seems happy and healthy, but I'm not sure of how she was raised before we got her. Just today I started with giving her a nice salad with a mix of greens, cilantro, mustard greens, kale with parsley, sage and strawberry tops and a couple blueberries. By afternoon she hadn't touched anything. Then I gave her about 8 super worms. Then I caught her eating soon greens. Nice to see ,but not enough. I'll try all your suggestions and let you know.
Ok sounds good please dont feed that many super worms - they are a treat worm and should be fed 1-3 every other day -- I am glad she was eating some greens

Samodo26

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you. I'll try your suggestions. She seems happy and healthy, but I'm not sure of how she was raised before we got her. Just today I started with giving her a nice salad with a mix of greens, cilantro, mustard greens, kale with parsley, sage and strawberry tops and a couple blueberries. By afternoon she hadn't touched anything. Then I gave her about 8 super worms. Then I caught her eating soon greens. Nice to see ,but not enough. I'll try all your suggestions and let you know

Latest posts