• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! Very sick beardie!!

mamaAskook

Bearded Dragon Egg
My dragon stared to shed a few days ago. She started gaping yesterday and wouldn't eat, but I thought she was trying to shed the skin around her mouth (she's done that before) and just wasn't hungry, but today she hasn't moved at all, is still gaping, and has foam around her mouth. I tried giving her a drink of water, but she immediately vomited it back up. I have no idea what might be wrong but I'm very worried, please help

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am so sorry you have a sick baby. I hate to say this, but it really doesn't sound very good. my girl gets crusty around her mouth for a few days after I feed her dubias or superworms. and she likes to rest at an angle - like she has trouble breathing if she lays flat. some background info might help - how long have you had her? how old is she? what are the tank temps? what is her standard diet? I'm kinda thinkin you might want to se a vet

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She needs to see a vet asap. It sounds like she may have a respiratory infection. I'd call around and see if you can get an emergency appointment today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Any updates on this little one?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I hope you got her to a vet quickly. Foaming at the mouth sounds like she aspirated some water and if you don't take the proper steps to get the fluid out, it can lead to a URI.

Latest posts