• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help us choose a name

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
So it's tradition for us to have a name with a story behind it, but this time we're struggling :( I'll list a few that we've liked so far, bare in mind we don't know if it's a male or a female that we will end up with.

Girls: Angel, Talullah, Delilah, Laila, Coco.
Boys: Nibbler, Nagini, Cobie.

I personally have a couple of names I like but him in doors doesn't agree lol I have meanings with these ones:

Kali or Shiva - Kali comes from Kala, which means black, time, death, lord of death, Shiva. Since Shiva is called Kala—the eternal time—Kali, his consort, also means "Time" or "Death" (as in time has come). Hence, Kali is the Goddess of Time and Change. Although sometimes presented as dark and violent, her earliest incarnation as a figure of annihilator of evil forces still has some influence.

Tiamat - Mother of life

Khalida - Immortal

Amara - Eternal

I also like Mycha, Mother of the mother of dragons. Khaleesi means mother of dragons.

I would like a name that means something but we're stuck.

Any Idea's greatly received :D

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
Change of plan it won't be Tomorrow that I get a new baby it will be a week on Friday :) I have just secured a pair of Fire and Ice babies. They hatched on 10th September and are really healthy and active. They've shed twice. Poop and eat very well. The breeder is well established and is on to her 9th clutch with this breeding pair. The mum is a Fire Dragon and the dad an Ice Dragon. This clutch she layed 106 eggs and up to now 84 have hatched. My only concern is their age when I collect them, they will be 5 weeks 4 days old. I don't want to go through the heartbreak of losing them again. Have a look at them from the page the lady set up for them on Facebook. Mum and Dad have a pic or two on there too.

https://www.facebook.com/BabyBeardedDragons/photos_stream

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
So I got the dates wrong lol it's the 26th I bring them home :oops: I have a couple of more suitable names picked out let me know what you think I have the meanings too:

Gan : Meaning - Reptile

Ngarrang : Meaning - Bearded Dragon

Darana : This one is a bit grubby. He shared the Earth with humans in dreamtime and dreamed up the idea of creating witchetty grubs. What delicious and nutritious morsels they were. Even if they did look like horribly bloated maggots. Pleased with his work, he scooped up enough grubs to fill two large bagfuls, then went off to invite other spirits to a feast. Along came two foraging mortals who discovered the bags and raided them. Bad mistake. The grubs glowed with an eerie light which set alarm bells ringing across the land. Angry spirits appeared and killed the two misfortunates where they stood. However, Darana took pity. The mortals were only after a taste of his delicious grubs. Who could blame them? So he turned their bodies into Destiny Stones and donated them to the Dieri people to guard. They must not be scratched or famine will ensue — and if they get broken the Universe will end. They are kept carefully wrapped in feathers mixed with lard and we are not at liberty to tell you where.

Baiame : He believes in controlling things and in the beginning taught humans how everything works. His weather forecasting, hunting and fishing classes were very popular, particularly with the shamans. And the stone fish trap he invented came in very useful. He was also the father of Daramulum with his wife Birrahgnooloo.

And my particular favorite if I end up with a girl this will be her name.

Yhi :

Sphere : Life
Alignment : Scrupulous
Bestowed Major Powers : Healing Touch, Immortal, Shape Change

The goddess of light and creator goddess of the Karraur, an Australian aboriginal group, she lay asleep in the Dreamtime before this world's creation, in a world of bone-bare, windless mountains. Suddenly, a whistle startled the goddess. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes, flooding the world with light. The earth stirred under her warm rays. Yhi drifted down to this new land, walking north, south, east, west. As she did, plants sprang up from her footprints. She walked the world's surface until she had stepped everywhere, until every inch was covered with green. Then the goddess sat to rest on the treeless plain. As she glanced around, she realized that the new plants could not move, and she desired to see something dance. Seeking that dancing life, she descended beneath the earth, where she found evil spirits who tried to sing her to death. But they were not as powerful as Yhi. Her warmth melted the darkness, and tiny forms began to move there. The forms turned into butterflies and bees and insects that swarmed around her in a dancing mass. She led them forth into the sunny world. But there were still caves of ice, high in the mountains, in which other beings rested. Yhi spread her light into them, one at a time. She stared into the cave's black interiors until water formed. Then she saw something move-something, and another thing, and another. Fishes and lizards swam forth. Cave after cave she freed from its darkness, and birds and animals poured forth onto the face of the earth. Soon the entire world was dancing with life. Then, in her golden voice, Yhi spoke. She told her creatures she would return to her own world. She blessed them with changing seasons and with the knowledge that when they died they would join her in the sky. Then, turning herself into a ball of light, she sank below the horizon. As she disappeared, darkness fell upon on the earth's surface. The new creatures were afraid. There was sorrow and mourning, and finally there was sleep. And, soon, there was the first dawn, for Yhi had never intended to abandon her creation. One by one the sleepy creatures woke to see light breaking in the east. A bird chorus greeted their mistress, and the lake and ocean waters that had been rising in mists, trying to reach her, sank down calmly. For eons of Dreamtime the animals lived in peace on Yhi's earth, but then a vague sadness began to fill them. They ceased to delight in what they were. She had planned never to return to earth, but she felt so sorry for her creatures that she said, "Just once. Just this once." So she slid down to the earth's surface and asked the creatures what was wrong. Wombat wanted to wiggle along the ground. Kangaroo wanted to fly. Bat wanted wings. Lizard wanted legs. Seal wanted to swim. And the confused Platypus wanted something of every other animal. And so Yhi gave them what they wanted. From the beautiful regular forms of the early creation came the strange creatures that now walk the earth. Yhi then swept herself up to the sky again. She had one other task yet to complete: the creation of woman. She had already embodied thought in male form and set him wandering the earth. But nothing - not the plants, not the insects, not the birds or beasts or fish seemed like him. He was lonely. Yhi went to him one morning as he slept near a grass tree. He slept fitfully, full of strange dreams. As he emerged from his dreaming he saw the flower stalk on the grass tree shining with sunlight. He was drawn to the tree, as were all the earth's other creatures. Reverent and astonished, they watched as the power of Yhi concentrated itself on the flower stalk. The flower stalk began to move rhythmically, to breathe. Then it changed form, softened, became a woman. Slowly emerging into the light from which she was formed, the first woman gave her hand to the first man.

Latest posts