• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help Thomas Cobb Keep His Snakes ...

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
215983-1368503466-main.jpg

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/215/...obb-keep-his-snakes/?taf_id=9427203&cid=fb_na

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I would really like to know all the details as to why he is having to "get rid" of some of his pet snakes.
While I believe that wholeheartedly that a qualified person should be allowed to care for and keep whatever species he chooses there are many times and circumstances in which doing so can pose a danger to the creature or to other individuals that may come in contact with those creatures. In those instances it may not be the right choice to be for all parties involved.
I have over the years and currently care for a very wide assortment of species including a few at present that are highly venomous but no expense has been spared in proper housing for any of them and my research has been and continues to be thorough on each so that I know the care they are getting is spot on to ensure they are all healthy and happy. Also I own my own home and anyone coming into my home knows beforehand what creatures we house.
We also do not have any small children in our home that could be in danger at any time. I did notice in the photo on the petition that he was holding a small child. If he is being required to rehome some of his snakes because they pose a real potential danger to his kids then there is no question. His children's safety and well being should always be first and foremost.
Long and short I would love to help out as I am sure many folks would but unless all the details of the situation are known the decision to sign a petition or not becomes an unnecessarily difficult task.
Please fill in the details for us all.:)Thanks

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Laws are changing, making certain snakes illegal to keep. The petition is not only for him, but for all reptile keepers, to help stop\overturn some of these new laws, outlawing several species of snakes & other reptiles, forcing responsible keepers to get rid of them. That is about all I know of the situation.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ah okay...The way it is written makes it look as if the petition is just for the one guy and not reptile owners or snake keepers in general.
I definitely believe that reptile keepers need to band together to fight more bureaucratic nonsense laws being made most times by misinformed or uninformed politicians. Likelihood being that those "lawmakers" couldn't give a rat's pitoot for the health and well-being of the creatures or the safety of the keepers anyway and in reality are just typically doing the "political thing" looking for yet more ways to regulate more money into their own pockets via unjust fines or charges for unnecessary permits. SMH:confused:

Latest posts