• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Snowyowl953

Bearded Dragon Egg
She needs to be able to get directly under the UVB approx 12-15 inches from it - I would try and get the rest of the UVB unobstructed - is the UVB sitting on the screen? If so please get rid of the screen or place the UVB inside the tank --- your UVB can sit of the screen ONLY if the screen is a wide holed -- if its a fine mesh like a screen door it needs to go inside the tank or the screen taken off w/ NO obstruction --- w/ a wide holed screen it can stay on top and the distance for that would be 8-10 inches w/ decor piece directly underneath it --- how are you getting basking temps ? NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- you need a digital probe thermometer /and or a IR gun I use both -- I just noticed shes on the floor --- please get her off the floor ---- they like to see their surroundings they are social creatures -- you can use a dresser / stand -- if you need to get one look at used furniture stores craigslist etc--- they make great stands w / the drawers being used for their supplies ect
Hi thank you for this! Just to clarify, I actually had it unobstructed until this afternoon. I changed it when I noticed she is hiding. And the bulb isn’t resting directly on the mesh. The reflector is.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi thank you for this! Just to clarify, I actually had it unobstructed until this afternoon. I changed it when I noticed she is hiding. And the bulb isn’t resting directly on the mesh. The reflector is.
Ok so you want the whole fixture unobstructed -- distance 12-15 inches w / a piece of basking decor directly underneath- she needs to be able to sit underneath that UVB w/ nothing obstructing the UVB rays -- screen meshes block 30% of the rays if they are fine mesh ---- I am not getting the reflector is resting on the mesh --- the fixture will have the reflector the whole length behind the bulb -- it looks like tin foil---

Snowyowl953

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so you want the whole fixture unobstructed -- distance 12-15 inches w / a piece of basking decor directly underneath- she needs to be able to sit underneath that UVB w/ nothing obstructing the UVB rays -- screen meshes block 30% of the rays if they are fine mesh ---- I am not getting the reflector is resting on the mesh --- the fixture will have the reflector the whole length behind the bulb -- it looks like tin foil---
The way it is constructed, the bulb does not touch the mesh. See image. And my tank is only 12inches tall, it’s a 20gallon.

Attachments

• 22107E4C-EB7F-44E0-8191-9C56920C470A.jpeg
    22107E4C-EB7F-44E0-8191-9C56920C470A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 812A3DD7-9E2A-47EC-8BCD-D906A0515657.jpeg
    812A3DD7-9E2A-47EC-8BCD-D906A0515657.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The way it is constructed, the bulb does not touch the mesh. See image. And my tank is only 12inches tall, it’s a 20gallon.
That T 5 can sit on top of the screen its a wider holed -- get your basking decor piece 8-10 inches under it -- when you upgrade to a bigger tank for her you will need to do this soon she will out grow that 20 gallon in the next year maybe sooner -- the T 5 will go right into the next tank --- you are going to want a 75-120 gallon tank --- you can look on Craigslist or FB Marketplace --- try and find one w/ front doors and if you do find one make sure you sanitize it real good w/ either F 10 -- Rescue or Zoo Meds wipe out its good to have this stuff on hand for deep cleaning -- the F 10 last a long time --- where did you get the fixture?

Snowyowl953

Bearded Dragon Egg
That T 5 can sit on top of the screen its a wider holed -- get your basking decor piece 8-10 inches under it -- when you upgrade to a bigger tank for her you will need to do this soon she will out grow that 20 gallon in the next year maybe sooner -- the T 5 will go right into the next tank --- you are going to want a 75-120 gallon tank --- you can look on Craigslist or FB Marketplace --- try and find one w/ front doors and if you do find one make sure you sanitize it real good w/ either F 10 -- Rescue or Zoo Meds wipe out its good to have this stuff on hand for deep cleaning -- the F 10 last a long time --- where did you get the fixture?
Thank you so much for this!! I read about it on this website: https://beardeddragonguru.com/11-best-lighting-setup-ideas-for-a-bearded-dragon/, and then bought it off amazon.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much for this!! I read about it on this website: https://beardeddragonguru.com/11-best-lighting-setup-ideas-for-a-bearded-dragon/, and then bought it off amazon.
So you got the Nano Tech? Ok well get her situated then watch her behavior --- her eating should increase along w/ activity ---- if your basking temps are where they should be 95-110 for a juvie / adult and 105-110 for a baby and proper UVB she should thrive--20 gallon tanks are hard to get temps so make sure your using a digital probe thermometer

Snowyowl953

Bearded Dragon Egg
So you got the Nano Tech? Ok well get her situated then watch her behavior --- her eating should increase along w/ activity ---- if your basking temps are where they should be 95-110 for a juvie / adult and 105-110 for a baby and proper UVB she should thrive--20 gallon tanks are hard to get temps so make sure your using a digital probe thermometer
Perfect! I’ll keep monitoring and hopefully that will do it! I’ll also update her tank at your recommendation in the beginning of next year! :D

Latest posts