• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help!! (something wrong with front legs?)

Millo Blinky Puff

Bearded Dragon Egg
My baby bearded dragon Gilbert is experiencing some difficulties with his front legs. This morning I found him on his back and we think he fell of of the log in his terrarium. A similar thing happened later today when he moved from his bed to the log when he climbed it. He is only around 4 months but is quite small and since then has been walking weirdly. He often sits with his talons bent over backwards but this is only when pausing while walking. However, now he is sitting weirdly constantly and we think it may be Metabolic bone disease or lack of Calcium and D3. We are taking him to the vet soon but I am worried as when he walks his front feet fold over and he is quite uncoordinated. He could have a broken bone but we do think it may be MBD. If you have any ideas as to how we can help out poor bearded dragon we will be so grateful to have your assistance. I will attach images of his terrarium and him before and after today.
*We are talking about the flat log not the one leading to his netted hammock, if it helps. The last three are today and the rest are before.
Thanks so much of your support and help let me know if there is anything I can do.

Attachments

• IMG_20230628_182707_01.jpg
    IMG_20230628_182707_01.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG20230704075949.jpg
    IMG20230704075949.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG20230624102458.jpg
    IMG20230624102458.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230623_170803_01.jpg
    IMG_20230623_170803_01.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230810_163411_01.jpg
    IMG_20230810_163411_01.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230810_163427_01.jpg
    IMG_20230810_163427_01.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230810_163433_01.jpg
    IMG_20230810_163433_01.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My baby bearded dragon Gilbert is experiencing some difficulties with his front legs. This morning I found him on his back and we think he fell of of the log in his terrarium. A similar thing happened later today when he moved from his bed to the log when he climbed it. He is only around 4 months but is quite small and since then has been walking weirdly. He often sits with his talons bent over backwards but this is only when pausing while walking. However, now he is sitting weirdly constantly and we think it may be Metabolic bone disease or lack of Calcium and D3. We are taking him to the vet soon but I am worried as when he walks his front feet fold over and he is quite uncoordinated. He could have a broken bone but we do think it may be MBD. If you have any ideas as to how we can help out poor bearded dragon we will be so grateful to have your assistance. I will attach images of his terrarium and him before and after today.
*We are talking about the flat log not the one leading to his netted hammock, if it helps. The last three are today and the rest are before.
Thanks so much of your support and help let me know if there is anything I can do.
Please lower the basking decor piece for now - use dish towels so he doesnt have a chance for falling anymore - if you take him to the vet have them do a X ray - your UVB should be a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med 24" w / a Reptisun 10.0 bulb or a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb 24 watt found at PetSmart or a Sunblaster Hydra Tech w/ the Reptisun 10.0 bulb --- surface basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- NO enemas at the vet they will kill him hes too little - if they are wanting a fecal taken one w/ you 24 hr sample--- here is a website for a reptile vet www.arav.og if your in a small area type in the zip code of the closest city to you-- NO coils for a UVB they are inadequate ---------------

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
please get some better pic of the feet / toes in question I will need to have some one look at them -- what size tank are you using ? the screen on the tank is going to determine where the UVB goes --- screens block approx 30% of the UVB rays -- all the basking temps and UVB need to be on par --- MBD is caused by inadequate UVB - he should be getting insects dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated --- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated -- his UVB is going to help him absorb/ synthesize the calcium hes getting

Latest posts