• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help sexing beardie/growth tracking

amotoole

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all!

My wonderful little beardie (whom I thought for a while was female) has started showing these hemipene-like double bulges as of late… not sure if he/she is actually male or not though so I thought I‘d ask for second opinions.

Also, I’m trying to make sure their growth is on track. They are around 2.5 months old measuring in at about 10.75 inches in the first picture, and about one month old and around 6.5 inches (I’m guessing) in the second picture. Is this normal growth?

I’d appreciate any insight on my little guy/girl. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_2531.jpeg
    IMG_2531.jpeg
    959.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 70813017214__7BC6537E-1AE9-4328-8F6D-BF64E3CDC5B5.jpeg
    70813017214__7BC6537E-1AE9-4328-8F6D-BF64E3CDC5B5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all!

My wonderful little beardie (whom I thought for a while was female) has started showing these hemipene-like double bulges as of late… not sure if he/she is actually male or not though so I thought I‘d ask for second opinions.

Also, I’m trying to make sure their growth is on track. They are around 2.5 months old measuring in at about 10.75 inches in the first picture, and about one month old and around 6.5 inches (I’m guessing) in the second picture. Is this normal growth?

Boy he is little to be showing those --- usually we wait till they are at least 6 months of age -- and from what I am seeing he is male--- dragons grow at their own rates - good diet good surface basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer of 105-110 and a good UVB NO coils will keep him eating and on track to get what his genetics will let him --- if any of this stuff is off he wont thrive --

amotoole

Bearded Dragon Egg
Boy he is little to be showing those --- usually we wait till they are at least 6 months of age -- and from what I am seeing he is male--- dragons grow at their own rates - good diet good surface basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer of 105-110 and a good UVB NO coils will keep him eating and on track to get what his genetics will let him --- if any of this stuff is off he wont thrive --
Gotcha- so he’s a dude! In terms of care his space is fairly optimal. He’s in a 120 gallon tank with perfect surface temps and a tube bar UV lamp. He eats a TON and has really skyrocketed in growth as of late. For reference, that second picture is from June 10, the first is from today. I’ll post a pic of his overall size difference, but he seems pretty big for a 2.5-3 month old little dude. Just trying to give him the best life he can get!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gotcha- so he’s a dude! In terms of care his space is fairly optimal. He’s in a 120 gallon tank with perfect surface temps and a tube bar UV lamp. He eats a TON and has really skyrocketed in growth as of late. For reference, that second picture is from June 10, the first is from today. I’ll post a pic of his overall size difference, but he seems pretty big for a 2.5-3 month old little dude. Just trying to give him the best life he can get!
What is the brand and bulb of the UVB?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ZooMed T5 tube bulb. I couldn’t find any Arcadia near me at anything resembling a reasonable price
Pet Smart has started carrying them -- most of my go to people are having a hard time keeping them in stock --- pangeareptiles for one --- the Zoo Med is good -- the UVB should be directly over the basking decor 12-15 inches inside the tank

crissy60

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all!

The one on the left looks to be a male and your one on the right looks great can't tell if it's a girl or boy though.

Latest posts