• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP! SEIZURE?!

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
I think my beardy bert just had a seizure. This was very odd. I had just put slad in her cage, and she was eating it, when she randomly started driving her face into the ground, with the salad in her mouth. I took her out, she still kept running her head into the ground furiously. She kept going for the salad but just drove her head into it. Then she started shaking her butt, side to side, The whole act was very violent and strange.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sounds like a seizure to me. not sure what to say. hope others will chime in

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
I've sort of narrowed it down. Definetly was a seizure do to a calcium deficiensy, shes just at the age that she would start developing eggs. We have liquid calcium that we are using to treat her. It appears it was triggered by eating as well, which is very bothersome. How do we feed her? I guess I'll just have to look and find out.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That does sound like a seizure, how scary. If it happens again I would have a vet check her out and make sure she is going to be okay.

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
I plan to have her x-rayed anyway. her feeders were improperly dusted, so its definetly related to calcium. Shes just about the age to start forming eggs so I think thats what triggered it. I feel scared to feed her because I think it was triggered by trying to eat her food. Anyway, when shes x-rayed, I can see if and how many eggs shes forming, that way I can tell how much calcium to give her. Luckily I have liquid calcium on hand.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Not all beardies lay eggs when they become of age. I have a 3 1/2 year old, she has never laid any eggs and I've had her since she was a baby.

Let us know what the vet says. An X-ray would tell them if she has eggs and a blood test would show her calcium levels.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How scary :( please keep us posted on how she is doing!

Latest posts