• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP - Pretty nervous

jhoel379

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our Dragon Jojo, has not eaten much in the last two days. He has acted weird as well. He has these bigger bumps on the back of his head. They almost look like lumps. What is weird is being with him every day I did not notice it as much. My Mom, visited us for Easter today and said, "does he have those big bumps always?"

I am concerned and not seeing much online about this except an aneurysm? Which is almost always really bad apparently. Any one see this? Is this normal? Would more pics help? Thoughts?

Thanks so much and happy Easter my fellow Dragon friends.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 18

jhoel379

Bearded Dragon Egg
The bump on the right side (looking at the top of him) has a reddish, brown, tint to it. Also he just went to the bathroom and it was skinnier than normal. Not that either of these things are helpful but wanted to share if they are.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The bump on the right side (looking at the top of him) has a reddish, brown, tint to it. Also he just went to the bathroom and it was skinnier than normal. Not that either of these things are helpful but wanted to share if they are.
Hi; A few things could be going on here. 1st of all how long are you keeping the UVB & Heat lamp on? In the winter you keep both on for 10-12 hours; more like 10 & in the Summer; u keep both on for 12-14 hours; more like 14hours. They have more energy in the summer. At night NO LIGHTS EVER. If temp drops below 70 in the winter you can place a 60watt ceramic heat emitter; which emits heat but NO light. 2ndly; Are you using colored or coiled bulbs? If so, remove them ASAP. Are you using a mercury Bulb (PowerSun) those are very strong & intense & can burn a beardie; if used it needs to be placed "16" inches minimum away from the beardie & it emits heat & uvb so u cannot add anymore lights to his enclosure. However, its Best NOT to use those mercury POWERSUN Bulbs. You need a Heat lamp & Long Tubular UVB light only. For heat; use a CLEAR Zoomed basking bulb & NEVER EVER use lights at nite when he sleeps. For UVB; the best recommended one is: the REPTISUN 10.0 T5 & the length you order should cover 70 percent of the length of the tank & he needs a Hideway. A hammock and place a soft cloth over it and a fleece blanket underneath so he can get away from the UVB as needed, or relax when shedding/hibernating &/ or a cave/log u can place in their too. Also, the UVB light needs to be at least 10inches or more away from him or it can hurt him & this UVB needs replacing every "6mnths" or he will have no energy,, brittle bones & unable to eat or walk. Also; For accuracy on temps; always use a digital thermometer, for a beardie over a year old temp should be 95-100 only not higher. For now apply all of the above & take him to a Good reptile vet to check the bumps. GLuck

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It kinda looks like a burn, but I don't think it'd be raised up if it was? Can u post more pics please, his enclosure,lights etc. so we can rule those out

Latest posts