• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP PLEASE !!!URGENT!!!

Julio Lemus

Bearded Dragon Egg
my beardie is at least a year old and he hasn't eaten anything in over a week, drinks a little water daily, super inactive, hasn't shed in months, I don't know what to do!!! He's been pooping white liquid nothing solid

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
my beardie is at least a year old and he hasn't eaten anything in over a week, drinks a little water daily, super inactive, hasn't shed in months, I don't know what to do!!! He's been pooping white liquid nothing solid

Can you tell us a little bit about your set up? Lights, watts, what he was eating, how long you've had him, if anything new had changed, what kind of set up, housed alone, etc. Pictures of him and his set up will help us help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It's virtually impossible to diagnose over the internet. Just guesses from previous experience and things seen that can't be substantiated. It sounds like a vet visit is in order for your little one.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum!
Would really like to help you out but we need more information, pictures, where are you located (is it winter where you are) what are you offering him to eat? have you tried other food proteins as they do get bored with their food, how old is your UVB bulbs? what type of bulbs are you using? as some need to be replaced every 6 months some once a year.

Julio Lemus

Bearded Dragon Egg
i have a 50 watt heat lamp and a UVB150, the heat lamp is brand new and the UVB which is 13 watts is roughly 7 months old, I've tried a variety of diets and he won't eat absolutely anything, he's drinking a bit of water everyday but nothing from his bowl, he's pooping nothing solid just a white liquid, it is also summer where I live, (south Florida)

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
i have a 50 watt heat lamp and a UVB150, the heat lamp is brand new and the UVB which is 13 watts is roughly 7 months old, I've tried a variety of diets and he won't eat absolutely anything, he's drinking a bit of water everyday but nothing from his bowl, he's pooping nothing solid just a white liquid, it is also summer where I live, (south Florida)

You need to change the bulbs every 6 months. Do you have a temp gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The lighting may be the issue here.. Exoterra UVB150 coil bulbs are known to cause damage to their eyes and only focus UVB over a small area. It's really recommended to have tube style fixture..It should cover 2/3rd of the enclosure and should overlap with the basking bulb as both are needed for digestion and absorption of vit's and calcium. 1 of the great ones that most of us use is Retpisun T5 HO 10.0 these bulbs get changed 1x a year.
You would be surprised just how much the lighting can affect these critters! I know several that were getting all slow, not eating and bulbs got changed and it was like flipping a switch! Petmountain.com typically has some great deals on these I wouldn't be surprised if this is the thing that needs to be addressed. In FL have you tried Discoid roaches at all? those are legal there.

Latest posts