• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help needed regarding gestures

WatfordOleary17

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi, I have recently moved my vivs and now they take up a corner in an L shape. Now wat I'm noticing is my new 6ish month old head bobs like crazy whilst darting about then there's my 1n half yr male who slowly head bobs whilst waving. I understand bobbing is a dominance thing but y would my older much bigger beardie wave(submit) to the smaller animal. I can't see if the younger of the two is male or female at this stage.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i've seen both sexes use both gestures. im assuming they can see each other now which is stressful on these guys. ive never had a problem with different sexes being in the same room but if they can see each other, its like gang warfare and they act out. thats the biggest reason i went to stackables and the one that are still in regular 40 g tanks are end to end with paper taped to the glass. now all is peaceful.

WatfordOleary17

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Is it a case of having to move them or could I see how it goes for awhile as into only been a day so far an last few hours they r quite normall, little bit of bobbing n waving .

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
you can try a few days. females usually get over it a lot quicker than males. if it lasts more than 3 or 4 days though i would move one of them. although they are in a corner in an L shape you could try leaving them where they are and simply raising one viv higher than the other so they aren't directly in each other's line of sight

Cody Badger

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have heard that when a female is trying to give her mating signal she raises her arm like i used to in class. And the males bob there head when they want some action ;) maybe he needs a girlfriend

Latest posts