• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is the basking lamp and bulb I have for him right now I did end up placing it on the outside of the enclosure for now so about 30% of the rays get filtered out according to the zen habitat person I asked but now it’s not too close to him since it’s 160W.I didn’t know you had the same enclosure! Where do you recommend I put the basking lamp? Is outside on the top okay or should I figure out a way to attach it on the inside? I can’t tell where yours is placed in your picture but I’ll move his uvb lamp more center like you have it! I put it more towards the hot side of the tank
My basking bulb sits on top of screen to the back -- I have 2 basking areas for them --- both are hot side to the back of the tank I use a Exo Terra Intense 150 in the winter -- now that its summer I use a 100 watt plus I have a 50 watt that sits next to it for summer so I can shut it off if the days get too hot for it --- in the morning its on and depending on the daytime temp here cuz my computer room gets hot it will get shut off --- then I have a 50 watt Exo Terra that sits in the middle of the tank behind the UVB -- that keeps the temps in the 90's --- both dragons use both of the basking areas --- they move around the tanks picking where they want to bask --- so they have different basking temps --- the cool side is in the 80's -- I keep an eye on the temps as I work from home and can do that -- yes the Solar Glo was not giving off enough UVB for him to have the behavior he was doing and w/ the UVB as high as you had it wasnt doing any good either --- remember to change that bulb out in about a year I recommend one month prior to --- watch your temps w/ the bulb being on top of the screen -- its not going to matter much about the UVB because you have the T 5 which will suffice plenty of UVB for him --- in fact when the Solar Glo expires I would just get a regular basking bulb and not the high price for that MVB-- how old is the Solar Glo ? So w/ you only using the Solar Glo for basking now more or less when it blows or it starts not keeping temps to what they should be replace it w/ a regular bright white basking bulb --- just make sure he has a piece of basking decor he can directly sit under that UVB --- you can try a dome w/ a 50 watt basking bulb behind the UVB for basking temps of 90's -

I have two Zens

hanturp

Bearded Dragon Egg
My basking bulb sits on top of screen to the back -- I have 2 basking areas for them --- both are hot side to the back of the tank I use a Exo Terra Intense 150 in the winter -- now that its summer I use a 100 watt plus I have a 50 watt that sits next to it for summer so I can shut it off if the days get too hot for it --- in the morning its on and depending on the daytime temp here cuz my computer room gets hot it will get shut off --- then I have a 50 watt Exo Terra that sits in the middle of the tank behind the UVB -- that keeps the temps in the 90's --- both dragons use both of the basking areas --- they move around the tanks picking where they want to bask --- so they have different basking temps --- the cool side is in the 80's -- I keep an eye on the temps as I work from home and can do that -- yes the Solar Glo was not giving off enough UVB for him to have the behavior he was doing and w/ the UVB as high as you had it wasnt doing any good either --- remember to change that bulb out in about a year I recommend one month prior to --- watch your temps w/ the bulb being on top of the screen -- its not going to matter much about the UVB because you have the T 5 which will suffice plenty of UVB for him --- in fact when the Solar Glo expires I would just get a regular basking bulb and not the high price for that MVB-- how old is the Solar Glo ? So w/ you only using the Solar Glo for basking now more or less when it blows or it starts not keeping temps to what they should be replace it w/ a regular bright white basking bulb --- just make sure he has a piece of basking decor he can directly sit under that UVB --- you can try a dome w/ a 50 watt basking bulb behind the UVB for basking temps of 90's -

I have two Zens
I’ll definitely do that! I just recently got the new basking bulb so I’ll switch to a similar set up once this one dies! I have a thermometer for the hot side of his tank and I have one of those digital surface ones that I use for his basking rock and the other one. I just moved his other rock under the uvb like yours so he can get even closer if needed! Here are some pictures of him right now. He has some stubborn shed too that I thought the baths would help with. I won’t do it everyday anymore though but he’s actually standing and walking now and ate a horn worm and some mealworms! He’s definitely feeling better :) He’s mainly just using his front legs though to move around but he does move his back legs and tail too now !

Attachments

• FB65C783-4052-40E3-B099-AD36D2F1286A.jpeg
    FB65C783-4052-40E3-B099-AD36D2F1286A.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 6
  • B89B6F00-4239-4231-A760-950658DFCE7A.jpeg
    B89B6F00-4239-4231-A760-950658DFCE7A.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 223F4C1A-0B04-4796-9EC4-51C0FBC402C7.jpeg
    223F4C1A-0B04-4796-9EC4-51C0FBC402C7.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 2303B815-A6E2-4BFA-ACDD-3BB8D85C8C6D.jpeg
    2303B815-A6E2-4BFA-ACDD-3BB8D85C8C6D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ll definitely do that! I just recently got the new basking bulb so I’ll switch to a similar set up once this one dies! I have a thermometer for the hot side of his tank and I have one of those digital surface ones that I use for his basking rock and the other one. I just moved his other rock under the uvb like yours so he can get even closer if needed! Here are some pictures of him right now. He has some stubborn shed too that I thought the baths would help with. I won’t do it everyday anymore though but he’s actually standing and walking now and ate a horn worm and some mealworms! He’s definitely feeling better :) He’s mainly just using his front legs though to move around but he does move his back legs and tail too now !
He practically blends in w/ your carpet -- well keep an eye on him make sure your giving him calcium on his insects- the UVB is gonna help him absorb / synthesize that calcium which is gonna help the movement- the shed will come now as well w/ the UVB exposure

Latest posts