• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help making a diet for my beardie (insects)

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Hey my beardie is losing interest in his meal worms so I wanna switch to roaches because I know they are much better nutrition wise. Does anyone have a good website to order roaches from and how many should I give him a week. Is roaches enough insects or should I also continue to give him worms? When I get the roaches what type of cage do I need and what food should I be feeding them? I have his veggies working out great I'm just lost as far as the insects go. If anyone would be able to give me advice I would greatly appreciate it I get very worried when he doesn't eat his foods loll. He's about 2 years old and weighs 350 grams.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey my beardie is losing interest in his meal worms so I wanna switch to roaches because I know they are much better nutrition wise. Does anyone have a good website to order roaches from and how many should I give him a week. Is roaches enough insects or should I also continue to give him worms? When I get the roaches what type of cage do I need and what food should I be feeding them? I have his veggies working out great I'm just lost as far as the insects go. If anyone would be able to give me advice I would greatly appreciate it I get very worried when he doesn't eat his foods loll. He's about 2 years old and weighs 350 grams.
Its good you getting him off the meal worms as they are basically a treat worm - I would feed him 2-3 times per week the roaches and feed large about 5-6 it will depend on him - I would get him some super worms and feed them a few every couple of days-
set up a 10 gallon aquarium and I would start off w/ 200 of them feed dubia food and dubia dew / crystals - also what you feed your dragon w/ the exception of carrots not both one or the other too much Vit A-
www.dubiaroaches.com
https://flukerfarms.com/live-superworms-buy-bulk-super-worms/ they have the best super worms

Dansmity4

Hatchling Dragon
Its good you getting him off the meal worms as they are basically a treat worm - I would feed him 2-3 times per week the roaches and feed large about 5-6 it will depend on him - I would get him some super worms and feed them a few every couple of days-
set up a 10 gallon aquarium and I would start off w/ 200 of them feed dubia food and dubia dew / crystals - also what you feed your dragon w/ the exception of carrots not both one or the other too much Vit A-
www.dubiaroaches.com
https://flukerfarms.com/live-superworms-buy-bulk-super-worms/ they have the best super worms
Amazing! Thank you so much for your help!

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
www.dubiaroaches.com
DubiaDeli.com
1671559633349.png

Latest posts