• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! Is this yellow fungus disease?

Rexrandria

Bearded Dragon Egg
A few weeks back, I thought Pancho had YFD on his belly but after a ton of research I decided it was most likely just him about to shed. (He shed, then was fine) Well, now, this is what his tail looks like. It’s just a few spots. Is this yellow fungus disease? I clean his tank every week and he eats all the correct veggies, along with crickets. I don’t know what I could be doing wrong ):

Attachments

• D6BD159B-C357-4C81-8E1C-9526E8456606.jpeg
    D6BD159B-C357-4C81-8E1C-9526E8456606.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A few weeks back, I thought Pancho had YFD on his belly but after a ton of research I decided it was most likely just him about to shed. (He shed, then was fine) Well, now, this is what his tail looks like. It’s just a few spots. Is this yellow fungus disease? I clean his tank every week and he eats all the correct veggies, along with crickets. I don’t know what I could be doing wrong ):
It looks like scales ready to come off or shed --- YF is usually caused by unsanitary tanks and is very contagious-- they will catch it from other dragons- if your cleaning out the tank every week or clean the poop up after the dragon has pooped I doubt hes gonna get it --- make sure your lighting UVB is up to par NO coils please and basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --correct UVB is EXTREMELY important for the over all health of the dragon --- make sure your using correct distance and placement of the UVB --- all this is crucial to the behavior and over all health of your dragon

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It looks like He has poor scale health to me, NOT YF, if you’re “helping” with shedding. Stop, how often are baths? And what kind of water do u guys have? Well? City? What vitamins and supplements does he get? Its important to have calcium (with d3) some other type of supplement, (I personally have 3 different ones) i have my calcium, reptivite, and a liquid supplement.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Not sure about yellow fungus disease but maybe tail rot. Are u bathing/letting him soak twice/week? Always give a Beardie a bath Twice per week & more baths when he’s shedding or he can get DryTail Rot on his tail & other areas, which is where the shed never falls off and sticks on permanently & it cuts off their circulation in that area. So always let him soak for 15min minimum in lukewarm dechlorinated water that helps the itching, helps the shedding fall off quicker and hydrates him. Buy Reptisafe it’s a blue bottle of liquid drops for the bath; because chlorine dries out their skin. Other than that the crickets are Gr8 and the veggies/greens are awesome that u are feeding. Yellow squash, butternut squash, green beans, snap peas, Mustard greens, dandelions & collard greens are the best everyday ones. A full plate everyday placed on the cold side.

Latest posts