• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help!!!! Is this tail rot?

tahtyanajones

Bearded Dragon Egg
Help!!!!!! Today I noticed my dragon baby’s tail is a little bit dry. When I look through his tail with a flashlight I can see through the majority of the tail except for the tip. It looks also like the tail it’s a little bit bent on the end and it was not like this before. Is this shedding or is this the beginning of tail rot?
E0A220DE-44E8-40E5-85F9-927A55EFFD2B.jpeg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yea it looks like it got hurt, use betadine in a ratio of 1 part betadine to 4 parts water, it’ll end up falling off, once it does keep it nice and clean and it shouldn’t spread anymore.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Help!!!!!! Today I noticed my dragon baby’s tail is a little bit dry. When I look through his tail with a flashlight I can see through the majority of the tail except for the tip. It looks also like the tail it’s a little bit bent on the end and it was not like this before. Is this shedding or is this the beginning of tail rot?View attachment 27970
Also after the betadine bath get some raw unpasteurized honey on it a Manuka or any honey thats raw and unpasteurized will work - the honey is a micro bacterial that will kill any infection going --- DO NOT LEAVE CRICKETS IN THE TANK --

Latest posts