• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! Is there something wrong with my bearded dragon's neck?

Melange_22

Bearded Dragon Egg
For context, my bearded dragon is about a year old and was rescued as a baby. He has been eating regularly and looks fine. His neck has been shaped like this for as long as I can remember, and it doesn't seem to cause him any discomfort. He is able to eat, move, and breathe normally, so I don't really know if this is a problem. It is firm to the touch, with little resistance, so Im not sure that it's a fat deposit or something. Any advice? Is this cause to go to a vet?
(Second picture is of me holding his neck up, he can hold it up on his own though.)

Attachments

• PXL_20220209_233217652.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220209_233217652.MP.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20220209_233232731.jpg
    PXL_20220209_233232731.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For context, my bearded dragon is about a year old and was rescued as a baby. He has been eating regularly and looks fine. His neck has been shaped like this for as long as I can remember, and it doesn't seem to cause him any discomfort. He is able to eat, move, and breathe normally, so I don't really know if this is a problem. It is firm to the touch, with little resistance, so Im not sure that it's a fat deposit or something. Any advice? Is this cause to go to a vet?
(Second picture is of me holding his neck up, he can hold it up on his own though.)
Your talking about the hump on the back correct? Idk but I can ask someone who might know-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok I have asked -
She got back w/ me here is what she said

I've never seen that type of deformity. Since it's been like that from when he was a baby then there's likely nothing that you can do. At least it doesn't seem to bother him, that's a plus. That may change when he gets older but there's no way to know. It looks like his body is flattened beyond the hump, so he was possibly born this way or developed this way shortly after.

Latest posts