• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! Is my beardie poorly?

Amzaeff

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi - I've had my beardie for about a month and his head started going very pale which I thought was because he was starting to shed. He also had darkish marks on his mouth which I thought were squished bugs because he's a messy eater. I tried to get this off but it won't which I thought was because it was too dry - so I gave him a bath and it still didn't come off. It's been about 2 weeks (I waited because I thought he was just shedding) and his body is his normal colour and his head is still very pale. does this look like fungus? I plan on taking him to the vet soon :(
35422532685818a968809c6991cbde17.jpg
e50a4e72c6f92169e71c7e3060fa7d73.jpg
f364c2c13a2f261853535bb31a4ad546.jpg
0a8aef36e0c73403c1862da94ee7f713.jpg
ba785f8bf12e6fdf7c38d59d4ab6bcfe.jpg
5eddb302f98fcf39563e31cc3ad9cadd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
He doesnt look too good :(. I don't really know how to describe it, but he has the sick dragon look. He has some dark stress lines too. I would have a vet take a look at him.

Amzaeff

Bearded Dragon Egg
He doesnt look too good :(. I don't really know how to describe it, but he has the sick dragon look. He has some dark stress lines too. I would have a vet take a look at him.
I know what you mean. Luckily he is eating with no problems and he is still as sociable as he was before - he's snuggled into my shoulder fast asleep right now. Hope it's nothing serious :(

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
The pale spots on his head I can assure you are 100% shed. Maybe up the humidity a bit? Have a vet check out those black spots on his face though, thats weird.

Amzaeff

Bearded Dragon Egg
The pale spots on his head I can assure you are 100% shed. Maybe up the humidity a bit? Have a vet check out those black spots on his face though, thats weird.
I will ring the vet tomorrow - thanks for your help. It's hard to know what's normal and what isn't because this is my first beardie and there's a lot of different advice on Google

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
well apparently I can't post pictures anymore, so I guess your gonna have to look at your dragons belly and see if it has black lines.

Amzaeff

Bearded Dragon Egg
Appontment booked for Saturday, will update once I know what's wrong. Hopefully nothing

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For sure keep us posted.. I agree the head is starting to shed and sometimes that can take awhile..
I would double check your husbandry: temps, cleanliness, how old are your bulbs what type are they? he looks dark as in he's not getting the proper temps. what does he eat? how often? supplements?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The head is starting to shed but those black spots by his nose are concerning. Looks like a bacterial infection or a burn or something going on. Let us know what the vet says.

Amzaeff

Bearded Dragon Egg
I went to the vet and she said everything is fine he is very healthy. He started to shed properly yesterday and the brown stuff around his mouth came off with it so it was probably squished bugs after all :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I went to the vet and she said everything is fine he is very healthy. He started to shed properly yesterday and the brown stuff around his mouth came off with it so it was probably squished bugs after all :)

Well that's great news :) I give my 2 daily baths so they can do their business, and it is really helpful in many aspects and it's become such a routine neither of mine go in their tanks and their shed comes off way faster...

Latest posts