• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help!!! Im new and need lots of help!!!!

missann0412

Bearded Dragon Egg
So first my friend had my bearded then they gave it to my brother in law about 7 months ago and was neglected until recently when I stared taking care of him and paying attention and doing research but its a lot to take in and one place says TT his and the next says that... But my beardie was basking and all of a sudden he ran over to me and opened his mouth like he was hunting or wanted to attack me and then his whole body turned black when just before when he was basking he was bright orange yellow almost Ari decent white you could say.... What does that mean besides hes mad stressed uncomfortable etcetera.

Please help any advice would be greatly appreciated and I have many more questions and help I need with my new friend oh and his name is hamster and he's about 3 1/2 to 4 years hes had and still has a rough life but I'm working to fix that... P.s he are some before when he was happy pic and after when hes black dark in color
20210130_061042.jpg
20210130_061051.jpg
20210130_064724.jpg
20210130_064729.jpg
20210130_064719.jpg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Oh hes very rough looking, please go over your setup with us, to me(and i mean no disrespect so dont get ur feelings hurt) he looks under weight, dehydrated, and has MBD, take pics of his full setup please, vitamins etc. , get some water in him right now! Get a dripper or spray bottle since he’s trying to bite you shouldn’t be that hard , how does he walk? His legs look like they’re locked up from mbd(metabolic bone diesese) dont worry he can still live a good life, please please get him some vitamin d3 , what bugs is he getting, he needs some fat in his diet .

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
his bad attitude is a good sign he has alot of fight left in him, dont feed him to much and if u can put a carrot or veg in with the bugs before you feed them to him.

missann0412

Bearded Dragon Egg
I won't get my feelings hurt and I just sprayed him down really good and he had a bath about 5 hours ago again he is/was my brother in laws and he got him and had some personal issues and Hamster wasn't properly cared for first time I gave him water when I started taking care of him only about a month month in a half ago( when I started getting him out he would never move he was always really dark in color so I started research and I put him in water cuz at that point had not had a proper drink in at least 3 months and That first drink I gave him he sat and drank for 10 mins till he was #o fat his feet could barley touch the ground. he also has impaction I can feel the hardness in his tummy and ive helped him poop a lot of sand.) And his set up isnt proper im working on getting a bigger enclosure and the proper lighting again I just started my research and hes gotten alot better in the last month I don't think he has mbd to bas cuz I thought that at first to but once he started pooping the sand out his legs started moving again he became alert to what is around him now and his pores around his butt got really bad ive cleaned a lot of that up and even made him so pissed at me he turned solid black stabed my hand with his beard I told him I was sorry kissed his head said I was sorry put him in my shirt and huged him and he turned bright orange like my profile picture again this is all new and I just want him to be able to live a wonderful life I'm his 2nd/3rd owner..... And the aggressivness just happened tonight and yesterday after he got up and licked my lip ring twice.... But he was basking and was orange and happy looking that the pics with him gaping and then the blanket moved so I put my hand by him he climbing on and over to the bed to me like he wanted my attention then when he got on the bed he looked at me poffed out his beard opened his mouth like he was yawning or going to hunt food then closed his mouth gave me that fuxk u look ( sorry about the language) and closed his mouth and turned black and just started at me like a snake or spider ready to attack but he didn't and when I touch him he doesn't attempt to bite or hurt me.... Anyways I'm sure I missed some of what u were asking so u may have to ask again... Oh yea he gets crickets for main insect I have calcium powder strawberry banana flavored and I got calcium spray... I recently leaned about all the different things beardies like and can have so recently ive tried dragon food from the pet store he gets kale hes had pumpkin he had some honey today hes, tried apple
Pics Of him in green tote are from the 22nd this month and year the ones on the white blanket are from the 16th of this month

Attachments

• Message_1611345997999.jpg
    Message_1611345997999.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210122_150910.jpg
    20210122_150910.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210116_021400.jpg
    20210116_021400.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210116_021351.jpg
    20210116_021351.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210116_021342.jpg
    20210116_021342.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Oh he looks alot better in the recent pictures! Sorry if i came off rude to your guy(he looked like he was on deaths door) you’re definitely helping him , Try and give him some fruit to pass the sand the natural sugars should help, if u have him in ur window alot put down something underneath him so hes not cold, you seem like you care very much, love should help him bounce right back, if u can cut his nails aswell they look a bit long, if ir worried i wont cut them right just take off the sharp tip, i know you said you dont have a great setup and thats okay, but please please even if you have to get a crappy coil uvb bulb thats better than not having anything, right now the best things you can do are veggies, lots of em (preferably ones with less fiber, i dont want to say make him have diarrhea cause then he’ll be dehydrated but you really need some squishy mushy fruit/veg , baby food is a good option) give him lots of massages, if baths are helping him poop keep them up, if you don’t notice a difference you might want to back off the baths just a bit to maybe one every other day(his skin looks just a little dry to me) basically keep doin what ur already doin, i dont know why he’s being mean to you all of a sudden, maybe he’s getting his strength back and wants to show you whose boss? Idk, please keep me posted on ur guy.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Oh!! I forgot to mention do a drop of olive oil in his mouth, thatll loosen him up, no more than 3 drips , DO NOT USE VEGETABLE OIL very important...

missann0412

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh he looks alot better in the recent pictures! Sorry if i came off rude to your guy(he looked like he was on deaths door) you’re definitely helping him , Try and give him some fruit to pass the sand the natural sugars should help, if u have him in ur window alot put down something underneath him so hes not cold, you seem like you care very much, love should help him bounce right back, if u can cut his nails aswell they look a bit long, if ir worried i wont cut them right just take off the sharp tip, i know you said you dont have a great setup and thats okay, but please please even if you have to get a crappy coil uvb bulb thats better than not having anything, right now the best things you can do are veggies, lots of em (preferably ones with less fiber, i dont want to say make him have diarrhea cause then he’ll be dehydrated but you really need some squishy mushy fruit/veg , baby food is a good option) give him lots of massages, if baths are helping him poop keep them up, if you don’t notice a difference you might want to back off the baths just a bit to maybe one every other day(his skin looks just a little dry to me) basically keep doin what ur already doin, i dont know why he’s being mean to you all of a sudden, maybe he’s getting his strength back and wants to show you whose boss? Idk, please keep me posted on ur guy.
He loves his baths and the coldness and I figured he was kinda hungry cuz he was after my lip ring earlier in the day and he scared me I thought he was going to attack me but he ate 100% pumpkin puree for 3 days and he had a little bit of the food I'll take a pic and I think he might be mad that I make him sore but in the long run he knows I'm there trying to help rather than hurt him and be mean... I care for my creature world if I can help any animal live or feel better best believe I'm gunna do it and I have a purple light bulb and the heat lamp light and I have a white bulb in the tank and I just realized a few days ago he likes the window and usually crawls off of anything I have in the window for him to sit on I put the shorts under him now cuz the window cill the thing he lays on lol we as feeling hot I got some other pics of him I added to this post and I'll get a few more
20210130_083542.jpg
20210130_083601.jpg
20210130_083614.jpg

missann0412

Bearded Dragon Egg
And again skybug you didnt seem rude or mean or anything like that you just sounded concerned and that was the reaction I had when I found out he didn't have water in 3 months and also with his poop like he has kinda liquidy poop before the sand and undigested bug start to come out but I have to help him like I pull it out with tweezers and its horrible smelling.... And his nails I cut about a week ago cuz they were bad bad and I was looking at them yes I will trim down the few that can still be trimed do lol 10 massages a day and some days 1 to 3 baths but he loves them and I tried to feed crickets yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks and he wasn't very interested but hes been loving the pumpkin
20210130_102427.jpg
20210130_102423.jpg
20210130_102417.jpg
20210130_102411.jpg
16120208867792250451933778450598.jpg
16120209352034115884052377349988.jpg
16120210015807958041437131848761.jpg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Now that im seeing his back end yea hes a little under weight but not as bad as the first pics, he’s definitely looking better than day 1, u say a purple light? Id remove that colored lights hurt their eyes, unless its a special light? (Ive only heard of black lights? That are purple?) thsts good he’s eating the puree , it sounds like he has the fight to live in him, if you have any questions please ask nothing is silly or dumb to ask, we all want your baby to have a happu healthly life ❤️

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Lol i dont know why but its just so funny seeing him next to ur snow scaped window, like im over here in the desert and my girl wants to see out the window then theres ur guy looking at snow lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 9

missann0412

Bearded Dragon Egg
Now that im seeing his back end yea hes a little under weight but not as bad as the first pics, he’s definitely looking better than day 1, u say a purple light? Id remove that colored lights hurt their eyes, unless its a special light? (Ive only heard of black lights? That are purple?) thsts good he’s eating the puree , it sounds like he has the fight to live in him, if you have any questions please ask nothing is silly or dumb to ask, we all want your baby to have a happu healthly life ❤️
Those pics that he looks bad in Like this one I took at 7 this morning
20210130_064724.jpg

missann0412

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yup cant be a stupid question if you don't know the answer won't know if you don't ask and it was all yellow yuck around his butt hole and sometimes we end we get the sand and hard poop out it makes his butt bleed a little bit

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
WELL excuse me then, judged the poor boy when he hasnt even got the sleep out of his eyes lol my bad, be carful pulling from his vent, atleast stuff is coming out :( poor baby

missann0412

Bearded Dragon Egg
Lol i dont know why but its just so funny seeing him next to ur snow scaped window, like im over here in the desert and my girl wants to see out the window then theres ur guy looking at snow lol.
He loves the cold crazy thing lol heres what I set him up with tonight
20210131_041704.jpg
20210131_041714.jpg

Attachments

• 20210131_041719.jpg
    20210131_041719.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210130_102427.jpg
    20210130_102427.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 11

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi I just came across your post and wondering if you still had any questions. He does look to bedpost my a lot better and thank you so much for doing everything you can for him. Just wanted to send you a link to a really good website for what they can eat and how much they should be getting. Try to feed him feeders and fresh fruit and veggies, any pellet food is usually bad for them. And also coloured bulbs are super bad for their ends and have even caused eye problems for them. I suggest getting a basking bulb and a uvb light that’s all they truly need and if your house goes below 70F a ceramic heat emitter at night. Let me know if you have any more questions and you can always dm me too. I’ve helped rescue a couple beardies so I do have a good amount of knowledge about them. Hope Hamster is doing better

missann0412

Bearded Dragon Egg
He is doing alot better than you I believe he is acting more like a normal dragon he runs around hes awake and aleart He loves his basking light and also have gotten a uvb bulb hes been a very happy baby I'm just glad I was able to catch everything in time that he didn't get to sickly and hes alive I'll keep everyone posted.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He is doing alot better than you I believe he is acting more like a normal dragon he runs around hes awake and aleart He loves his basking light and also have gotten a uvb bulb hes been a very happy baby I'm just glad I was able to catch everything in time that he didn't get to sickly and hes alive I'll keep everyone posted.
I’m glad to hear that.and I hope my post didn’t come off like that, I do believe he is doing a lot better it’s just no one updated the post and it felt like it was still open ended so I though I’d just jump in and see if you had any other questions or anything. Can’t wait to see updates about him. He seems like such a sweet boy . Also just though about it just in case he was never sexed let us know if you want to know for sure if he’s a boy or a girl if it was never confirmed before. Glad to hear that he’s doing great though

Latest posts