• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help i think my dragon is obese!

Brianna

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
when i went to school this morning i believe he was about sixtey grams, now hes a whopping 100 his belly feels full he could barley suck it in(he usaully does that when i pick him up)and i believe this is a result of my mom and stepdad who think its healthy to overfeed him.I think its because my stepdad sneaked him 20 medium crics last night, and because my mom bought these meat thing that feel squishy but are in cubes, and she fed him LOTS of crickets before i got home. what should i tell them, shoulod i fast him or something, or feed him something else.please help me i have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
tell them one person needs to be responsible for feeding so this doesnt happen again. crickets and greens are enough. no squishy meat junk. try giving him a warm bath for about ten minutes and see maybe he'll poop for you. over weight dragons can cause lot of problems just like in humans. oh and tell them that whoever feeds is automatically responsible for all vet bills.....PERIOD.;)

Brianna

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
tell them one person needs to be responsible for feeding so this doesnt happen again. crickets and greens are enough. no squishy meat junk. try giving him a warm bath for about ten minutes and see maybe he'll poop for you. over weight dragons can cause lot of problems just like in humans. oh and tell them that whoever feeds is automatically responsible for all vet bills.....PERIOD.;)
thank you i will tell them but what should i do about my lizard now?

Brianna

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
my parents are saying yeah its healthy its yummy for them too,
and its not meat(its still squishy though)it smells like ham

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
all the crickets he'll eat in a 10 to 15 minute period twice per day. greens fruits and veggies every day in a bowl of course. and make sure his crickets are supplemented with calcium daily and vitamins once per week. its all ive ever fed mine. they dont get dragon spam in the wild and im not feeding to mine so in my opinion, it is not needed. if you want to add squishy, try some small hornworms or silkworms or butterworms. when he gets a little older you can add superworms.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my parents are saying yeah its healthy its yummy for them too,
and its not meat(its still squishy though)it smells like ham
If you have a printer there are lots of lists on line telling you what to feed and what not to feed the dragons, print one off and show it to your parents telling them that if it isnt on the list they cant have it. They are only trying to be kind and help, but it can be frustrating sometimes.

Brianna

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
one more problem ive been noticing he has been hiding under his rock quarter of the day,sometimes half.should i bring him to a vet?or is he tring to go into brumation?

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
They do that. That why i dont use hides all it doese is block UVB

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
he's too young to brumate and its also not a good idea to give a hide box to a young dragon because thats all they will do is hide. if he's never seen a vet then nows as good a time as any. im not saying i think there's anything wrong with him but young dragons need to have fecal floats done to check for parasites as a young dragon with parasites will not grow to his/her full potential and the first year is critical to that growth.

Latest posts