• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help, bearded dragon skin problem

Shineeno

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have attached a photo of my bearded dragons head. Has anyone seen anything like this before? It started with the middle part that looks kind of like a scab and now the pinkish/grey around it is slowly getting worse. I have had him since Sept 2014 and this is the first time it has happened. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 203

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Is it oozing? How long has it been there? I can't be sure but it looks a little like stuck shed and new shed starting. Sometimes when mine are shedding the scales look a bit pink. There's a product called Repti-Shedding aid by ZooMed that works wonders. Some people have said to use coconut oil too. You want to try these at night before lights go out because you don't want the lights cooking it in.

But if it's oozing or turning black red or yellow, you want to take it to a vet it could be a burn or a skin infection.

Shineeno

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's not oozing at all nor is it black or yellow. And he hasn't shed in a while either. I will see if I can get that product. Thanks

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Especially on ball pythons with head shed, they have no problem maneuvering through your hand shaped like a circle....boom shed is gone.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Love the mineral oil advise. I'm going to go get some now.

@Shineeno how's things going today?

Latest posts