• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello! :)

jazznut92

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello my name is Jazz!
My beardies name is spike :)
We are from Portsmouth, UK.
He has been in my family for about four to five years now, I got him from a friend at college. He came (already fully grown) in a two foot tank, with a bulb that was far too hot and not controlled by a stat. I remember bringing him home and bathing him and his skin just flaking away and he was a completely different colour after. He has officially been living with me for about two years now. Im looking to improve his home and diet at the moment and hope I become a good member of the forum rather then just someone looking for help!
We have a 4ftx2ftx2ft wooden vivarium, 12% arcadia uvb, currently using a 150W exo terra sun glow lamp on a habistat dimming stat. My biggest problem at the moment is getting my temps right, I have a digital thermometer and a temp gun (both giving me slightly different readings, which is not helpful lol)

Other then my beardie I have a cat, two budiges, a guinea pig and five fire belly toads :)

So hello everyone and looking forward to hearing from you

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello Nice to meet you and Welcome!

What does your temp gun say about your temperature gradient? I would believe that a little more than the digital.

My dragons name is Odin; and I have a cat named Felix

See you around the site!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum! What are the temp ranges? Pictures are always helpful. What have you been feeding? I know being in the UK some items are not available or are called something different as here in the states. We have worked on a general info link that has lots of information you will find the links under several of our signature lines (below the comments) We have several UK folks that can also help with what is available that can be of help.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome! I am with Elders, I would believe the temp gun over the other. How big is the difference between the two temps?

jazznut92

Bearded Dragon Egg
Their can be 3-5oc difference in the temp gun and thermometer. tonight the surface temp of his basking spot has only been reading 35oc and around 21oc at the cool end (cool end doesn't change much regardless of basking temps) I have the thermostat turned up as high as it will go. I have had a shuffle about with his viv tonight moved his basking area from the right side to the left. Last night it was reaching 48oc so I would turn down the stat the tiniest bit and it would drop down to 39oc again. I thought the point of a dimming stat was that it keeps the temp near enough the same temp at all times? mine was going up and down at a range of about 10oc :/

I have a habistat dimming stat

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yeah, I'm not sure why it is going up and down so much like that. Is there anything external in the room that may cause a draft? Is there a fan nearby or a heat vent or something?

jazznut92

Bearded Dragon Egg
No , my house is relatively warm and not had the radiator on much at all recently :/ I've noticed my stat is not high range. What does this even mean? What stats do people recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
No , my house is relatively warm and not had the radiator on much at all recently :/ I've noticed my stat is not high range. What does this even mean? What stats do people recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really know what stat means.

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm sorry?
I was asking what thermostats people use for their dragons not their homes :/
Myself I use a combination of these:

Rheostat for dimming the new Halogen Basking bulb I will be getting:
http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-RT10-...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Digital Therm w/ Prob:
http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Digit...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Analogue Therm w/ Hydrometer:
http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Econo...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Temp Gun:
http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Lase...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Latest posts