• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hello

steph

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hello I'm steph and i got my very first bearded dragon a week ago he is 3months old and we have called him denzel at the mo he not to keen on me holding him for sum reason but lets my other half hold him all the time the kids love him to i will try and get some pics on here soon :D

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hello and welcome to the forum, we all love pics so cant wait to see them.
Was the beardie from a male owner as it might associate your other half as to be the old owner and relo stress could be a issue in there also if you put something in the beardies tank with your scent on s/he will get more used to you also through scent hope this helps.
paul

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Steph! Give Denzil some time... relocation stress can last for a few weeks or longer... Egg is right, by puttting in a shirt you've worn, and not laundered, will help him get your scent, that and moving sloooooowly always in front of him, so he doesn't associate your movememts as that of a predator.
Welcome and congrates on the new baby !
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Steph and welcome to our forum. Glad to have you here.

A lot of beardies go through relocation stress. Give him time. He's still young and going through a lot. When you pick him up, try to lower your hand in front of him. Then scratch his nose/chin and slowly move your hand under his belly and slowly and gently lift him out.

Latest posts