• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hello to all

tostigirl

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My beardie, Sandman is around 4 years old and doing ok. We have been thinking that he needs a friend, but has been by himself since we got him and I am worried that he might be aggressive with another in the cage. His health is ok, I am worried that he has not shedded much this season and his eyes seem to be watering at times. With the winter, he is very calm and really doesn't move around much. We are thinking of getting a new cage with runaround space in it and room for some logs. We were not educated correctly when we got him so we did not hold him very much. He tollerates it, but when he wants down he wants down. He takes baths on a regulr basis, about once a week to 2 weeks. He eats mustard greens regularly and we do both crickets and sometimes large meal worms for a snack. He eats fruit, but is very picky, loves pears! SO I have introduced several small speedbumps but I hope that some of you can help us get back on a smooth road. Thanks for any help.
Tostigirl & the Sandman :)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome to our forum! Glad to have you here.

I would not introduce your beardie to another bearded dragon. Dragons are not social animals and can be very aggressive to each other. Here is an article discussing in detail the possibilities that could happen when beardies are housed together:
Housing Multiple Bearded Dragons together

Also, I'd cut out the mealworms. They do not offer any nutritional value and their outer shell can be difficult for beardies to break down during the digestion process.

Can you explain more on the occassional watery eye? Is it pussy? Is it clear? How often does this happen and how long to clear up?

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I love his name :) Are you a Neil Gaiman fan, by chance? Do you have any photos of your beardie? We love pictures ;D

I would second what Renee said about not housing him with other beardies. Males, especially, do not like to share their space and can become aggressive. There are lots of beardies out there missing appendages from being housed with another.

How big is the enclosure he is in now? They do like some space to roam around and such. Were you thinking of buying a new enclosure for him or building one? There are lots of sites out there with instructions on how to build a nice custom cage, and it's usually cheaper than purchasing one. There are also some examples here on the forum. Candice built a nice cage for Magellan, one of her beardies - you can find that here: http://mybeardie.com/bearded-dragon-forum/bearded-dragon-habitats/magellan's-mansion/

Anyway, welcome!

Latest posts