• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELLO! new to the forum =)

TurtlePunk

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My name is sarah and I have a 16 month old male sandfire x bluebar beardie =)
I love him to death! I have had him for 14 months now =)

Here is my ROCKO =)

rocko.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome Sarah and Rocko! Thanks for joining our community - we're really glad to have you here!
We'd love to see some photos of Rocko's tank and setup, if you can take any!

Terra Colson Nicholson

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Sarah, I got a scale for woody, its a kitchen scale. I paid 10 dollars for it and i keep Woody weighted in the winter regularly since his diet slows

TurtlePunk

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok thanks. I will invest in one. I have noticed that Rockos appetite has slowed a lot. I offer him food everyday but he doesnt choose to eat everyday. So when he does eat, ill let him eat as much as he wants. Does he look under weight in this picture?

Seiryu

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
No he looks good. I was just curious as to what he weighed. My 7 month old is about 360 grams at the moment. I figured by the 12+ month mark he'd be around 500+ easily.

Terra Colson Nicholson

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Woody has always been on the big side. I was told dont worry about the weight unless u notice the bones in the back by the tail sticking out or the top bumps on the head sucking in. let me weight woody..he has lost quiet a bit of weight over the winter, but hes still a porker compared to many... (pause) woody is approx a year old, 16 inches with a nipped tail, so i would say could be 18.. he weighs 417 grams. Thats lite for him also.

TurtlePunk

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hm now im really curious as to how much rocko weighs. he definately doesnt have any bones popping out or sucking in so thats good =)

Terra Colson Nicholson

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
well dont let it bug you tonight... maybe if you take him to the pet store tomorrow you can borrow there scale? mine has one for weighing seeds and such. I tend to worry about woody cause he eats so different this winter. this summer he would eat 50 phoenix worms a day, now he eats maybe 10 every two days. but i know its cause its cold outside and he really wants it to be spring.

TurtlePunk

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yeah! same thing with rocko! he doesnt eat nearly as much as he did in the summer!

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
As dragons approx the 18 month age, they tend to slow down on their protien intake and pickup their salad intake as well. Just make sure they always have a salad availible as a dragon will not go hungry if there is proper food for them.

Fliehigh

Latest posts