• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello, my name is Loki! :D

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
IMG_1442.jpg

The breeder says that this is the biggest two month old she's ever sold. :p She also says that his colors are really vibrant, but right now it looks like he's about to go into a shed. I took a bad-quality picture of him on my hand to show size (I took the others afterward, I'll take some nice quality ones of me holding him once he's settled in a bit)...

IMG_1428.jpg
Here's him acclimatizing to the new house:

IMG_1426.jpg

I think he looks pretty happy! ;D

I keep referring to him as a he, but we still don't know if he's a boy or a girl. I named him Loki after the Norse god of trickery for a few reasons. First of all, he's part German giant, and in the Germanic Paganism Loki was a giant who was adopted into the Norse pantheon. My Loki also jumped from my hands three times since I've held him (never held a more sprightly lizard!), one time even convincing me that he was lulled into a sleep so I let my guard down. I think that counts as trickery. :p Norse Loki was also red-headed and my lizard is a nice orange color, and finally, he's gender ambiguous. We still can't tell if my lizard is a boy or a girl, and the Loki in Norse mythology was a shapeshifter who could take the guise of a woman whenever he wanted. XD

(I'm a huge Norse mythology nerd, I know... but hey, we all have our vices. :p)

I love him so much! He's so big and healthy looking, and I know we're going to be great friends. ;D

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
00020121.gif

Welcome Loki, to your new home and family.

valkryja, I like the way you really put some research into his name. It suits him. Congrats on the little fella and enjoy!

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
;D

Loki seems to be a lot more energetic and intelligent than Wrex was, haha. I had to manually put Wrex in the water several times a day to make sure he wouldn't' get dehydrated, but Loki just sniffed the air a bit and found his water bowl and lapped it up. He's also been putting on a nice show getting used to his new viv, alternating between gaping, head-bobbing, armwaving, and just dashing all over the place. Right now he's basking like a good little boy.

He also just ate 50 crickets in 15 minutes. My god, I'm going to have to start buying them in bulk or something... :p I bought 200 crickets today and they're already 1/4 gone!

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
^_^ He's very fast and tries to eat everything, haha. I'm glad I got such a healthy looking little guy. There seems to be no relocation stress at all, he hopped in his new tank and started trying to eat anything green / moving. He ate a big piece of collard greens just now. His willingness to eat greens at such a young age is relieving, since I don't want him to be hungry when I'm at school and I refuse to touch crickets when I get up at 5. :p

He just finished gaping and curled up under his hiding log, so I guess that means it's bedtime for us. ^_^1

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
WOW!!! Lucky you to have such a nice Beardie!!! I am so glad he adapted so well!!! Enjoy!! :D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. Adorable!

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks guys!
Loki's positively round. He just ate about a hundred small-medium crickets, pooped in his water dish and is now basking with his mouth open. His big squishy white belly is funny - I want to poke it, but I'm sure he won't like that.

I introduced him to the guinea pig today, and they were both indifferent to each other. They shared a collard green leaf, but besides for that there was no interaction. Then I changed piggy's bedding - I felt bad for giving so much attention to the new guy, so I splurged a bit and bought her some bright blue fluffy bedding to snuggle up in. :p

My best friend came over today. She has a four month old beardie who is a few inches smaller, and she can't believe how big he is. I'm looking forward to showing him off to my boyfriend when he comes over this weekend. He's also tried to escape a few more times, and made a break for it while soaking in the bath, but otherwise he's been very pleasant. Every time he opened his mouth in defiance I stuffed some collard greens in it, so now he only does that after I haven't fed him in a few hours. :p

Latest posts