• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Chicago

PolishPuff

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,

I don't own a BD yet, but I've done lots of research. I will still have some simple questions since I never cared for a reptile.

My hobby was fish keeping, but since I flooded my downstairs neighbor with almost 125 gal of water, I no longer can keep fish. I'm lucky too still have a place to live.

I did post a reply in a "sand" thread today with a question.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
5.jpg

A few good links to help get you started ...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?

How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to BDF! Hope you find your journey for BD enlightenment ends here :). What kind of fish did you keep?

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Welcome, dude! And don't worry, your simple questions will soon evolve into complex ones once you have a dragon. :cool: The good news is you have a lot of experienced owners here that are always willing to help!

On a side note, you should never have a problem with flooding your neighbor with 125 gallons of bearded dragons. At least I hope you won't! :D

PolishPuff

Bearded Dragon Egg
@ Aleena
I used too keep FW puffer fish. Fahaka puffer to be exact.

@Augie

" I'm either a bearded dragon owner that has roach colonies to sustain him, or a roach colony owner that has a bearded dragon to keep the colonies in check. The jury's still out. :D "
LOL!!!!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there and welcome to the BDF, where every meal's a feast and every day's a holiday! :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When I first got Allie, they were very rude to me so I came here. They told me I was doing everything wrong and with all the info on this site, I found I was doing a pretty good job of taking care of Allie. She's thrived from the sickly beardie to the healthiest anyone's ever seen (IE: Pet Store, Grocery Store, and City Hall. People really love to see and ask questions about her. They call her an Iguana, but she's not. I end up correcting them which is fine with me.) The ones here in Petland or the local petstore aren't as colorful and vibrant as Allie is.

I feel much more welcomed here than there. There, I had to come up with a new nickname so I wouldn't get picked on. I rarely post anything for help, but I do play their Yum, Yum, Yuk game and Word Association.

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Definitely a different mix of personalities over there, but that can have a lot to do with how the two forums are moderated. Not saying one is bad or not as good as the other, but of course I work in sales and I'm used to working with different personalities (heck, you might be able to argue "multiple" personalities at times). :D

Edit: I agree about some of the info being dubious (I almost typed dubia instead - man I'm a roach nut)! :cool: That aside, one reason I like this forum is its a lot more user-friendly and intuitive. Simple things like having a link to go back to the root forum at either the top or the bottom of the page are small, but nice touches. Plus the culture of the community is much stronger here. Good place to hang out!

Latest posts